DISH Network Offers Special Broadcast of 'Fahrenheit 9/11'

HokieEngineer

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2003
ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Oct 29, 2004 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ:DISH) and its DISH Network(TM) satellite TV service, the fastest growing TV provider in the past four years, announced today that for one night only, on Nov. 1, it will offer Michael Moore's documentary film "Fahrenheit 9/11" that focuses on President George W. Bush.

This film is available to DISH Network's more than 10 million customers for $9.95 on channel 458 at 8 p.m. Eastern Time and channel 456 at 8 p.m. Pacific Time. DISH Network is the only television provider broadcasting this and other political documentaries on pay-per-view.

"We are pleased to provide a variety of political films and documentaries to better inform our customers," said Susan Arnold, vice president of Programming at EchoStar's DISH Network.

Released in theaters in June, "Fahrenheit 9/11" examines the Bush administration's actions in the wake of the tragic events of 9/11. It has grossed more than $119 million, a box office record for a documentary, and it won best picture at the 2004 Cannes Film Festival.

This film can be ordered on DISH Network's pay-per-view by remote control.

About EchoStar

EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ:DISH) serves more than 10.1 million satellite TV customers through its DISH Network(TM), the fastest growing U.S. provider of advanced digital television services in the last four years. DISH Network offers hundreds of video and audio channels, Interactive TV, HDTV, sports and international programming, together with professional installation and 24-hour customer service. DISH Network ranks No. 1 in Customer Satisfaction among Cable/Satellite TV Subscribers by J.D. Power and Associates. Visit EchoStar's DISH Network at www.dishnetwork.com or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).

SOURCE: EchoStar Communications Corporation

EchoStar's DISH Network
Marc Lumpkin, 303-723-2020
marc.lumpkin@echostar.com
or
Fahrenheit 9/11
Patrick Gunn, Fellowship Adventure Group
212-386-6873

OMG LETS TURN THIS FORUM INTO A POLITICAL MESS! Hey I know, I'll go type in 140 point font in my SIG "KERRY RULEZ OMGBBQ" That'll show 'em!

Re-defeat Bush in '04

On Edit: I know Scott had a thread about ALL the documentaries dish will be showing PPV, since a bush supported decided to repost only the stolen honor PR, I had to demand equal time ;)

I'm just trying to figure out why Dish is increasing their PPV rates 300% for this showing? Can they be price gouging since Moore said that TV stations can run it for free? :confused:

Music Channel Question

passon of christ on hdppv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts