Dish Network/FTA-how to switch between two systems*help*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

homeyg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
USA
I have DN and FTA systems in my home. I have a FTA FS 4' dish on a Powertech motor with a Pansat 9200HD receiver. DN runs into a GE comm system (Second floor) which routes the incoming signal to multiple rooms in the home. I currently have DN running to all rooms (three receivers). I just wired the FTA system and am ready for hookup.

Is there such an item that will allow me to switch (auto or other) between DN and FTA to the rooms in my house?

with a motorized system not really. On a fixed dish system, RG6 cable going to 2 TVs with FTA receivers. Dual linear LNBs aimed at 4 FTA satellites, DiSEqC 4x1 switches going between each.. Then a parallel Dish Network system going to whatever amount of TVs.

Switch inputs on TV

It is very difficult to mix Dish and FTA in the same system between the dishes and the receiver. Best way to switch, as Freezy stated, is to switch the output from the receivers (i.e., the input on the TV or a separate switchbox between the TV and the receivers).

Radio Shack has a RF remote A/B switch that I am considering. Could be mounted near the GE box to switch between DN and FTA dishes to the one line to the house. Should work. Does anyone know of better quality AB switchers?

Im currently trying to figure this out just like you and someone suggested the following: "Get an Ecoda 22KHz switch(es), connect output from DPP44 to 0KHz side and other cable from the new 97 to the 22KHz side then out to your receiver. You must enable or turn on 22KHz tone for Sat 97 on your Antenna setting."

I already ordered the 22khz switch and will try it out as soon as it gets here.

let me know what you discover. i may just run another rg6 line

I guess I didn't comment on this thread back when it was new, 'cause I thought Freezy and Tron made it pretty clear to not mix DishNet and FTA.

ANOTHER consideration, is that DishNet receivers need constant access to their satellites.
If you disconnect them, they may 'hunt', and will most definitely throw an error that you have 'lost a satellite'
Depending on the situation, you may get a knock on your door from a Dish installer, wanting to fix your system.
If not, the regular outages may be reported to headquarters, making the Dish Nazis suspicious of what you are doing.
So, disconnecting during daily user access to the FTA dishes is not really going to work out for ya.

I don't think we're going to come up with a good solution, based on your comments that you have a single FTA receiver and multiple DishNet receivers...
...I have a FTA FS 4' dish on a Powertech motor with a Pansat 9200HD receiver.
DN runs into a GE comm system (Second floor) which routes the incoming signal to multiple rooms in the home.
I currently have DN running to all rooms (three receivers).
What's a "GE comm system" ?
If you have three DishNet receivers, all ya need is an appropriate DN satellite switch, to hook up those receivers...(??)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Problems receiving TuVes HD on Telstar 12 at 15W

please help ID my dish...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)