Dish Network ES123804 IR to UHF Upgrade Kit

BigErn

Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Hoping a tech can help me:

I have two ViP622 HD DVRs. I control a total of 4 TVs. 2 are controlled IR and 2 UHF obviously. I need one of my 622's to be controlled by 2 UHFs. Is this possible using the IR to UHF upgrade kit?

I'm worried about both TVs changing at once (can each UHF remote be readdressed???)

Hopefully I'm not being too confusing and someone can help me with the answer I'm looking for.

No matter if this product won't work, does anything else? (My receiver is in a closet and I can't control it -- the other room being controlled doesn't have dual cable outlets to allow me to move the receiver there!)

Thanks!

I have done this before for a customer WITHOUT the UHF kit from dish. If you have a spare UHF remote remove the blue '2' key and locate the switch in the opening. There are I believe 4 positions for this switch. I forget what position you need to move it to, but if you search here there is info about it. It might even be listed in your owners manual.

Or just call DISH and have them send you spare keys. If you do not have an extra UHF Pro remote, rather than buy the upgrade kit, simply buy a spare 6.3 Remote, and it comes with a back of keys. Locate the green key with the BLACK #1 (the Green #1 UHF Pro will control your TV2) face up and insert it into your remote, go to the system info screen and press record. If you see towards the bottom by the TV1 icon, it switches from IR to IR/UHF Pro, you are good to go.

Ok, don't have a spare remote but I guess I could buy one. Is there somewhere inside the receiver I need to change a setting also?

I removed the blue "2" and couldnt locate any switches...

I have enough trouble with dish "support" -- trying to avoid them and come here to people who have a clue what im talking about

Sorry all but I don't not belive you can setup the 622 with a UHV remote for TV1. Unless they have changed something I have not been able to get mine to do it. It does not have the UHF pro enable option in the menu like the 522/625/322 do.

thats what im wondering.

now what about using a terk leap frog? will that screw up tv2?

thats what im wondering.

now what about using a terk leap frog? will that screw up tv2?

That should work fine. It's what we used to use all the time before that added the the UHF pro feature on the other receivers.

I am sure that the software people for dish felt that this option was not needed on the dual tv hd receivers, as you need the HDMI or rca type connection from the receiver to the TV. Kind of short sited as you can make custom cables to use component connections and you can buy HDMI cables that are more than 100' long. I know there are people that want to do central A/V closet.

Sorry all but I don't not belive you can setup the 622 with a UHV remote for TV1. Unless they have changed something I have not been able to get mine to do it. It does not have the UHF pro enable option in the menu like the 522/625/322 do.

There's no need to enable the option that we've become to know on the 522/625/322. You do, however, need a 6.2 or 6.3 remote or newer. The 6.0 will not work. The TV1 is on a different channel than the TV2 for the 622. As long as you have a green key with a black printed #1 and a green inscribed UHF Pro logo, it should work. Also, the switch is there, it's just hidden underneath. It looks white from the outside. Slide it to the left either one or two times, and it is TV1 UHF Pro. It's easiest to just buy the 6.3 replacement remote as it comes with the keys and a set of instruction to set it up.

That should work fine. It's what we used to use all the time before that added the the UHF pro feature on the other receivers.

I am sure that the software people for dish felt that this option was not needed on the dual tv hd receivers, as you need the HDMI or rca type connection from the receiver to the TV. Kind of short sited as you can make custom cables to use component connections and you can buy HDMI cables that are more than 100' long. I know there are people that want to do central A/V closet.

dave,

thanks man. i'm still curious if it will interfere with the reception for the UHF receiver for TV2. is that still cool?

No, they won't interfere, if you use different remote codes.

I have two sets of these that were used a coupkle of weeks and returned by a customer. Send me a PM, if you are interested.

Works fine I use a UHF 6.3 remote for #1 on my 622 as the receiver is behind doors. Just needs a different address than #2

Blackout Question?

Charlie Chat???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts