dish network dead lnb

ecourt

Original poster
Sep 5, 2004
I have a dish pro 500, with 2 301 receivers, and I believe my twin lnb is going dead.

Certain chanels (all odd transponders) are ocasionally not working

I have good signal (above 91 on all transponders and satelites)

Tonight, I stuck my hand up there, and felt that the plastic over the lnb is cracked on one side. Could this cause this problem? -- is this replacable without replacing the entire lnb?

Another thing I noticed, in another thread (http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=181785#post181785) -- ccs9601 (lot G31) are the numbers on my lnb. Is there anything I can do about getting this replaced through dish networks?

Anyway, if I can't get it replaced, can someone give me a part number, or good place to get a new lnb.

Thanks

I would contact Dish Network about this issue. If they can't give you a new LNB they should be able to sell you one. They are pretty inexpensive.

yea -- I already talked to them about it, they want to sell me a $99 service call -- I was rather unhappy with that solution. and the $99 doesn't cover parts.

ecourt said:
yea -- I already talked to them about it, they want to sell me a $99 service call -- I was rather unhappy with that solution. and the $99 doesn't cover parts.

I know all about the $99 service call. I too think it's an outrageous price but it's been that way for several years now.

With Dish you just have to hope you never have to place a service call.

If you have a CCS9601 LNBF DISH will replace the LNBF free of charge!!! You may have to go to a supervisor to get it handled correctly but it is FREE. If your dish is easily reachable you can replace it yourself. Two philips head screws hold it in place and 2 "F" fittings attach the coaxial cable to the LNBF aiming won't be affected by removing the screws and replacing the LNBF. If you need a service call sign up for the Digital Home Protection Plan(DHPP) it is $5.99/Mo. and reduces the service call to $29.99. After the service call cancel the DHPP.

Another bad month for C band

Superdish.....AARGH!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)