Dish Motor Rec

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smata67

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
I have read the SG2100 reviews and this seems like the best value for my 36" Fortec Star/Coolsat combo. Are there any other units out there that I should consider? The SG2100 reviews are almost a year old, how are these holding up?

Bear in mind that the SG2100 is the only positioner with a manual East/West switch on the motor itself - it makes installation a whole lot easier.

Everyone seems to own the SG2100, can't argue with the numbers.

Cascade said:
Bear in mind that the SG2100 is the only positioner with a manual East/West switch on the motor itself - it makes installation a whole lot easier..

Cascade

The Satcontrol SM3D12 also has manual East / West switches on the bottom of the motor.

Sadoun said:
Cascade

The Satcontrol SM3D12 also has manual East / West switches on the bottom of the motor.

Cascade, I have this motor and agree with this statement, it does have manual East/West switches on it.

Saboun;
In regards to the SM3D12 motor, is there any hard motor limits that would limit its movement, it appears to not move as far as advertised in the manual? I am at long 75 degrees. I should be able to make it over to 123W, however, when I have the ARC dialed in, I am unable to get past 121W.

Thanks
Rick

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Quick! Do I want this system? C Band/KU

Secret to catching more transponders on scans

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)