Dish manufacturers

monkeymonk

Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
Fairly new member question... does anyone know who the physical manufacturer is for Directv and Dish network dishes (or even BskyB)? Is it Winegard, Andrew Corp etc... or some other group in China? Not really looking for info on the LMB or receivers so much as the actual dish... any of the models even...

Last edited:
Fairly new member question... does anyone know who the physical manufacturer is for Directv and Dish network dishes (or even BskyB)? Is it Winegard, Andrew Corp etc... or some other group in China? Not really looking for info on the LMB or receivers so much as the actual dish... any of the models even...

I think you mean LNB. Winegard makes most of Dish Network's antennas. Oh, and :welcome to Satelliteguys.us

Thanks Tyralak... I work in the industry, just outside the US... I heard rumblings that either Dish or Directv had moved to a China manufacturer fairly recently. Nice catch on LNB... if anyone else has any insight on where the HughesNet or BSkyB dishes are "stamped" or fabricated please pass it along...

Sorry to come on board and be asking so many questions, the forums for my region are quite limited and it would be great to share in the insight of the American satellite community.

Thanks Tyralak... I work in the industry, just outside the US... I heard rumblings that either Dish or Directv had moved to a China manufacturer fairly recently. Nice catch on LNB... if anyone else has any insight on where the HughesNet or BSkyB dishes are "stamped" or fabricated please pass it along...

Sorry to come on board and be asking so many questions, the forums for my region are quite limited and it would be great to share in the insight of the American satellite community.

That's what we're here for. :D What country do you work in?

Not quite India... I'm not much of a cricket fan.. I root for the Patriots on Sundays just like the rest of you :)

No inside info on Dish makes? Is there a manufacturer stamp on the back of the Direct or Echostar dish? some kind of odd logo or reference number?

I never saw any during my install time. Some of E's stuff comes from Mexico, some from China, some from other Asian pacific rim countries. Considering most of the dishes are metal I'd look at China because just about everything metal is coming out of that country but as far as what company thats going to be a literal needle in a hay stack the size of Texas.

Charter operating with no franchise agreement

Loads of problems with all services

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)