DISH Interested in buying Sirius, Hulu and Pandora?

Jason Kilar might like working for Charlie as long as he allows him free reign to make content deals with the networks. And maybe have a go at making Hulu Plus the ad-free service it should be.

And if Echostar would get Sirius working on the fast track to update their tech, I don't see that as a bad thing either.

DISH would become a massive media company overnight if both those deals would come through.

I do not believe they are sincerely interested in Hulu. Sirius for sure. They already pay for TV programming. Unless it comes out they can have Hulu and not pay again for the same programming I think it is just a way of Dish saying it always considers any related company that is available for sale. A little like the NFL draft - pretend to like a pick to keep them guessing.
Keep in mind, Hulu is a money making proposition, but the bulk of people using it are only using the free part. The commercials bring in revenue which I have read Hulu gets 30% of. But no matter what Hulu is now, if Dish got it the networks will not be a friendly bunch to deal with. Dish is well aware of that.

And it will be the end of Hulu if the same Dish people working on Dishonline work on Hulu. (Had to add that :) )

Last edited:
someone mentioned HULU earlier and got shouted down as being ridiculous..but now hmmmmmmmm

The biggest problem is he was quoting Swanni. He wasn't really shouted down. It was more try giving a source other than Swanni or speculation on his part. HULU might be OK. Recently the Disney ass kissers were told that they would be being asked to be only there in name & not as real power anymore. There anti-every one else attitude was making the board of directors have problems in making decisions. Disney/ABC was selling their product elsewhere before putting it on HULU. If E* bought it I would think that Disney would pull their product completely.

Oh sure! Pour out more money on more video rental services, satellites and radio rather than the channels we subscribers want like MLB Network, Fearnet, Fuse, MSG, YES, Disney HD, etc. I really thought that Joe would be just as dumb as Charlie. We customers want channels! Not companies!

Sirius XM broadcasts some video on their service now. Dish Network may want to do more with that part of the service, bundle it with the satellite service and maybe add addition bandwidth with the satellites to do other things.

At least not in New York state.
They have no interest in NY state... all the people who were upset at no sports already left... and even with that I hear that their numbers in NY are still quite good.

That's the way they think. (Im not saying they are correct in their thinking but...)

The biggest problem is he was quoting Swanni. He wasn't really shouted down. It was more try giving a source other than Swanni or speculation on his part. HULU might be OK. Recently the Disney ass kissers were told that they would be being asked to be only there in name & not as real power anymore. There anti-every one else attitude was making the board of directors have problems in making decisions. Disney/ABC was selling their product elsewhere before putting it on HULU. If E* bought it I would think that Disney would pull their product completely.

That was me that posted the thread last week: "Is Dish going after HULU, things that make you go hmmmmm..". I was NOT quoting "Swanni", I was quoting CNNMoney my link went to them, and speculating all in my own brain, so please don't paint me like that. Some other poster said I was, but I guarantee you I wasn't. I have NO CLUE why he posted the "Swanni" comment, as my link didn't go there. IF Swanni posted it somewhere I never saw it, because almost everything he posts is nonsense anyway.

Here's the thread, see for yourself:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/258935-dish-going-takeover-buyout-hulu-things.html

Last edited:
They have no interest in NY state... all the people who were upset at no sports already left... and even with that I hear that their numbers in NY are still quite good.

That's the way they think. (Im not saying they are correct in their thinking but...)

What if it were California or Texas? Different story? Anyone in New York State who love sports and their teams should not have Dish at all. I mentioned that in the SNY GONE! forum. How can any sports fan subscribe to any TV service without their local sports channels?

I don't think it matters as they still havea lot of subscribers in New York, which tells me that not everyone carrd about sports.

Sent from my phone using the FREE SatelliteGuys App!

I don't think it matters as they still havea lot of subscribers in New York, which tells me that not everyone carrd about sports.

Sent from my phone using the FREE SatelliteGuys App!
or under contract ;)..but seriously devices such as the PS3 have opened other avenues for sports lovers..they are no longer tied to the cord

I have Sirius/XM. It came with the car for 6 mos. and we just kept it. I like the music, but it is a little pricey. Sirius/XM has the same sort of "nickle and dime you to death" mentality that Dish does. It should be a perfect fit.

Ethernet cable?

Receiver Furnished New Account

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts