Status
Please reply by conversation.

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
Possible new dish to keep my Birdviews company........

Strange build. around four feet across, perhaps? Simple mount....Dish looks shallow! Looking into acquisition.....looks like it would need custom LNB mounting perhaps. Anyone recognize the build as a specific brand?

Almost looks like original LNB arm is removed or broken and replaced with home-made. Won't ask if its worth "getting".....but will ask if it looks famliar....and what suggested uses would be!

Thanks!

Attachments

• dish unknown.jpg
    dish unknown.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 241
Looks like a Prodelin, but missing the bottom single arm like mine.

Prodelin did make them both ways, but the 3 arm dishes had a different rear mount. This rear mount, at least what I can see looks like the rear mount on mine, and someone has replace it with the 3 mounting arms.

See this picture of mine and see what you think:6-foot-prodelin-rear.jpg

Looks like a Prodelin, but missing the bottom single arm like mine.

Prodelin did make them both ways, but the 3 arm dishes had a different rear mount. This rear mount, at least what I can see looks like the rear mount on mine, and someone has replace it with the 3 mounting arms.

Yea, the three matching arms looks Channel Master, but the back lower structure looks Prodlin.
The wall mount looks like what K-Mart uses on the back of their stores.

On the front side, you can see two bolts side by side, then about 90° away, another two bolts.
That was my first clue it was a Prodelin.
There are a lot of those around in the 6' size, but somewhere (on the forum) there was also a rare 8' that was similar.

The down side is that it's a slightly heavy one-piece dish.
Nothing you can't manage, but be careful taking it down.
Also, they didn't originally have anything but a fixed mount.
Trying to fit it to a mount would be the challenge.
Pendragon found an old AJAK 180 and grafted it to his, to make a killer Ku dish.
Linuxman fixed his 6'er on the roof, and equipped it with numerous Ku and a few C LNBFs

I used to lust for one down the street on a VW roof, but then found a Birdview and lost interest. ;)

edit:
Oh, you say you think it's 4'? I was thinking 6' , above. Sorry.
The mount looks inappropriate for the 6'er, and I wasn't understanding why.
If it's a 4'er, you can't go wrong!
That wall mount looks more like what I see on gas stations out here, and would work for a 4', but not the 6'er. :)
Get more pix, and bring the dish home!
I'm sure it'll get along just fine on your BV farm!

Last edited:
Could very well be. It was brought to my attention as available, and estimated at 4 feet. Might be a good W-5 (SRL) dish if properly aimed and aligned if that size???

I believe it's a six footer (1.8 meter)... I have the 1.2 meter Prodelin, and it doesn't have the bolt holes in that tell-tale configuration that screams "six footer" :) ... These things are always larger than they appear from the ground.

Prodelins are great dishes, and I'm sure it would make you happy.

I have no idea of the brand but I will say it is definitely at least 6 feet. Compare it to the dth home dish which looks like one of the first Dish or Direct 18" dishes and the larger dish is easily 4 times larger. Nice find, good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Quali-TV Diseqc switching

Do you use protection???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)