KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Does anyone know what the formula is to calculate dish elevation angles. I know I can go to dishpointer or I use the dishpointer app on my droid. I know I can go to dishpointer and put in my address and then choose a satellite and it tells me what the angle is. I would like to write my own little program or use excel and put in a formula to calculate this without having to go to dish pointer. I want to have something that if I type in any lat and long in decimal form and choose what orbital slot( like 103W, 97W, etc) it will tell me the elevation. With not having to get on the internet.

Yeah that is fine, and thanks for the input. However that is not what I want, I want to know the raw formulas so I can write my own thing.

This is what I am using for TheList:

Code:
$latitude = 34.2;
$longitude = 118.8;
$sat = 125;
$constant = pi()/20.777;
$elevation = rad2deg(atan(((cos(deg2rad($sat- $longitude)) * cos(deg2rad($latitude)))-$constant)/(sqrt(1-(cos(deg2rad($sat - $longitude)) * cos(deg2rad($sat - $longitude))) * (cos(deg2rad($latitude)) * cos(deg2rad($latitude)))))));
echo $elevation;

Wait I see the code at the bottom of the page sorry. Does anyone know the the formula though.

I see that thanks qwert. Would have already said something but got busy on the phone.

Foros de ElMax.brazillivre.com - DishCumbia Pointer

Go to this link and download the second file of DishCumbia the one of 11 27 2003.

The sat list is very old the names of sats have changed now but you will get around it.

This is what i use and you dont have to be online. All the sats and city of USA are in the program.

You may need to download the file Comdlg32.oxc but i'm not shure.

Let me know if it works.. Bob VE2 FCZ.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Offbeat cinema on RTV has hit bottom tonight!

whats wrong with...ME?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts