Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just got an email from DISH Network asking me to take a survey. So I decided to take it and it was a survey about the 922.

If you get it please take the survey... (Also on the question where it asks you where you first heard of the 922 please select SatelliteGuys.US.) :D :D

Thanks guys!

I assume it's to current users only.

They might find it interesting to see how many people are or are not interested in ever getting one. Even moreso if they had a survey before and after Charlie's last Chat. :)

But it was heard by us though Scott... There is no way I would dream of leasing a 922 now. It was starting to entice me a little with DLNA, but I'll just hang on, now...

Don't even bother buying a new Android phone or a new Dell laptop either because there's always something better coming on the horizon... Hell just don't by anything period.

I mean it's fine if your happy with what hardware you have, but to not upgrade because of some mythical unicorn receiver? What about everything else that the receiver can do now OR is in the works?

DustoMan said:
Don't even bother buying a new Android phone or a new Dell laptop either because there's always something better coming on the horizon... Hell just don't by anything period.

I mean it's fine if your happy with what hardware you have, but to not upgrade because of some mythical unicorn receiver? What about everything else that the receiver can do now OR is in the works?

Hey I want thar unicorn receiver

I assume it's to current users only.

They might find it interesting to see how many people are or are not interested in ever getting one. Even moreso if they had a survey before and after Charlie's last Chat. :)

Luckily not many people watch the Charlie Chat so Charlies comments wont be heard by a lot of folks...

But it was heard by us though Scott... There is no way I would dream of leasing a 922 now. It was starting to entice me a little with DLNA, but I'll just hang on, now...

The fact remains though ... that some people do watch the chats ... or at least get updates from SatelliteGuys ;)

I was seriously considering a 922 ... but ... with that last chat detailing potential new models ... designed for 3D for example ... I think I can wait the year ...

I was seriously considering a 922 ... but ... with that last chat detailing potential new models ... designed for 3D for example ... I think I can wait the year ...

A year? Don't bet on it.

It's technology, you can wait forever to get what you think you want. It changes all the time and people will always want what is new and cool. The next receiver could be just the same waiting game as it was for the 922. It's just best to buy what you want when you want it and let things play out.

I would not see why the 922 could not do 3D along with the other ViP series receivers. I know that DirecTV was able to get their HR series to do it.

It's technology, you can wait forever to get what you think you want. It changes all the time and people will always want what is new and cool. The next receiver could be just the same waiting game as it was for the 922. It's just best to buy what you want when you want it and let things play out.

Or you can get Dish's newest cutting edge receiver AND wait a year for the cool new features it is supposed to have.

The 922 and the 722's can do 3D. They were using them to show off the 3D demos at Team Summit.

The big drawback is your satellite receiver must be hooked directly to the TV to work... the next generation boxes will have HDMI 1.4 (and possibly 2 HDMI outputs) 1 with HDMI 1.4 to your TV and one older HDMI spec jack to send audio to your surround sound system.

Last edited:
The big drawback is your TV must be hooked directly to the TV to work...
OK, ah... :confused: You must mean the receiver must be directly connected via some proprietary interface that they cobbled together for Team Summit? :( Probably the new HDMI 1.4 interface will go into the newly announced 923. ;)

OK, but it's still confusing. Was the direct-connection at Team Summit between 722/922 carrying 3D and the TV via HDMI as exists today on these receivers, or some other proprietary interface that does not now exist on our receivers? I'm trying to figure out if I need more than a 3D TV to see Dish 3D tests.

Your comment about two HDMI receptacles on some as-yet-unannounced receiver makes me go, "Hmmmm." If the 3D requirement is direct HDMI w/o going through an audio receiver, then this issue can be accommodated right now today by using the optical audio output to feed the audio receiver, and the HDMI to connect up the TV directly.

And the very suggestion of putting on a 2nd HDMI port on a 722 or 922 just to feed audio to an audio receiver drives me completely bonkers. Say what? This should be fitted to TV2, not the audio output of TV1. What a waste!

Satellite technical question

Little help on RV installation, please

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)