Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
(Note that is no mention of the extra hard drive space feature for the 625 which is not mentioned in these release notes even though it is there and working.)

* Updated screen saver ('DISH bulletin board')
* DVR folders feature
* QAM fixes (Q-BOX) for MDU customers
* Non-Sat. remote mode pop-up (908) feature
* Signal loss fixes

Customer recording capacity was: 100 hours
Customer recording capacity is now: 150 hours

New 625 receivers newly installed
Remaining 625 receivers newly installed

Customer 625 receivers that have NO RECORDED EVENTS ON THE HARD DRIVE. Customers with recorded content on their HDD will not receive this partition update

If at any time in the future, a customer clears all recorded events from the HDD and the 625 receives the nightly sw update, it will be re-partitioned with the increased recording capacity

Last edited:
No you dont lose everything to get the update, however if you want the increased hard drive space then you will need to delete all recordings and timer that would fire between now and 3am.

When the drive has no recordings on it, the receiver will automatically format itself and give you 150 hours or recording time instead of 100.

If you keep your recordings nothing will change and you will still have 100 hours of time. Its up to YOU if you want to do it or not. :D

(Note that is no mention of the extra hard drive space feature for the 625 which is not mentioned in these release notes even though it is there and working.)

* DVR folders feature
* QAM fixes (Q-BOX) for MDU customers
* Non-Sat. remote mode pop-up (908) feature
* Signal loss fixes

Customer recording capacity was: 100 hours
Customer recording capacity is now: 150 hours

New 625 receivers newly installed
Remaining 625 receivers newly installed

Customer 625 receivers that have NO RECORDED EVENTS ON THE HARD DRIVE. Customers with recorded content on their HDD will not receive this partition update

If at any time in the future, a customer clears all recorded events from the HDD and the 625 receives the nightly sw update, it will be re-partitioned with the increased recording capacity

Can anyone explain to me what "Non-Sat. remote mode pop-up (908) feature" is all about?

That's really poor timing on Dish's behalf, though that's how software development works, I suppose. It might have worked much better for folks if this was available before the fall TV season started.... I say this because a lot of people just have to have this (or any feature) now.

the non sat pop up "908" its really neat if you press your tv button on the remote a box comes up and lets you know that you are no longer in sat mode. it tells you to press sat on the remote to have it control you satellite receiver.

* DVR folders feature

So we get the folders feature too? That's awesome.

the nightly sw update, it will be re-partitioned with the increased recording capacity

Sorry but what's "sw" stand for?

i would add to the new features list a nice looking on-screen guide for the channel you are currently watching.

right button when watching a channel and a one line guide will pop up while your channel stays full screen and you can arrow right to see what's coming up on that channel. I never noticed it until L462 (and it was that feature that appeared on me unexpectedly and tipped me off that I got my firmware upgrade to my 625).

and to confirm, since I have recordings and timers, I don't get the 150 hour HD space and I"m not sure when I'll have that cleared off to be able to get the extra HD space and verify that feature works right.

Just out of curiosity, the increased space (150 hours) seems targeted at the 625? Why is the 522 not included? Different drive or something? Would be nice for those who have the 522 (like myself) to gain the added time as well...oh well!

I believe that is the main difference between the 625 and the 522 (different size hard drive).

No, you'll get the update by doing NOTHING. In order to get the add'l storage capacity, yes, you need to empty your My Recordings.

EchoStar Announces Push/Pull Video on Demand Service

5xx manual supplement for P401-NBR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts