Dish 500 and DVR 510 Compatibility?

sodoi18

Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Hi List,
I have dish 500 with two LNB, primiarily i get the international sports and programming. Iam planning on buying DVR510 my questions are

1. Will DVR 510 work with Dish 500?

2. Can i buy DVR510 from anywhere other than dishnetwork? if i buy it say on ebay do i have to pay any service fees to dishnetwork (i read abt some $5 fees).

3.Can u just replace the smart card i have into the DVR 510 and start using it right away?

4. Any other better option than dvr510?

Thanks

sodoi18 said:
Hi List,
I have dish 500 with two LNB, primiarily i get the international sports and programming. Iam planning on buying DVR510 my questions are

1. Will DVR 510 work with Dish 500?

Yep
2. Can i buy DVR510 from anywhere other than dishnetwork? if i buy it say on ebay do i have to pay any service fees to dishnetwork (i read abt some $5 fees).
check www.dishstore.net They might have a 508 or 510
The 510 has a 4.98 DVR fee unless you have Americas (Almost) Everything pack
3.Can u just replace the smart card i have into the DVR 510 and start using it right away?
no. The smart cards are not interchangable. There should be one with it. If there isn't, then Dish would have to "marry" the card to the receiver. Call Dish and either add it to your account or replace a receiver on your account.
4. Any other better option than dvr510?
508..no extra fee. That's what I have

If you get the receiver from EBay, make sure there isn't a huge balance on it :)

Thanks iceberg.
I guess i'll go with dvr508 and just call dishnetwork to add the new smart card.

Thanks

What was that icon on the old receivers?

Dish Network To Launch Tna Wrestling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)