Dish 1000+ upgrade self install?

I read the iinstructions and everything seems preety clear cut. I have a question though. When the instructions are near there end it says to check for strength for the 118 on the screen and to make any necc. adjustments but it doesn't say what those adjustments are. I am guessing the azimuth?

Wow. Was that easy. I did the lazy man's way. Before removing my old dish from the mast I used a Sharpie to mark exactley where on the mast the old dish sat. I drew vertical lines connecting each side of the sleeve that tigthens on the mast. I then removed the dish and lined up the sleeve with the old one. Out of curiosity I phone my wife who was waiting the in Theatre room and she said HD Locals were on! I hit all satelites by just plopping it on the mast lining it up with the marks I made with the sharpie.

But still try as I may I cannot get greater than a 60 signal strentgh on the 118. I cannot get above 93 on the 110 and 119. I used to have 110 signal strength on the 119. They are all locked however and I get my HD locals. EZ!

My question is...will a 50-60 signal strength be enuough for the 118. WIll I tend to lose it? What is the least amount before I lose it (strength wise).

Any tips on getting it stronger?

Although the dish pan on the Dish 1000+ is bigger, the intended arch, i.e., 110 degrees through 129 degrees, is the same, so I would suspect the settings would be pretty close.

Yes, those marks would of come in handy if you had quit and had your wife go back and re-install the Dish 1000!:D

Glad you received it and got it installed with no problems.

Signal Strengths:

Your signal strengths on 110 and 119 are okay even though they are not above 93. But remember some transponder are stronger than others, and when in the targeted zone of a spotbeam, you might even hit 125/125. So you may want to select a satellite and then skip through each Transponder, waiting a few seconds between each change.

I can not tell you what 118.7 should look like, 119 and 110 is more than okay.

Basics to Peaking:

1. Plumb mast in all directions. This is the most critical part. If you can not use a level, you should not be a carpenter or a dish installer. :D

2. Set the skew for your location, and then do not ever touch it again.

3. Then you will adjust the AZIMUTH and ELEVATION. Adjust one, than the other, then recheck the first.

I don't know what the Dish 500+/1000+ instructions say, but I suspect it will tell you to peak the 118.7, then peak the others without making adjustment more than 1 degree (1/16" +/-).

Lost NHL Center Ice 3 times now

Combining Ant and 2 zone video output?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)