dish 1000 setup question

all4jo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Haiti and lexington ky
i just got my system installed, but my instaler did not know much about the dish 1000 , it was his first install. anyways we were looking at the dish setup and it lists dish 300, dish 500 and super dish, but no dish 1000. is there something that i need to do?

What are you trying to do?? After the intinial download run another check switch and the 129 sat will show up in the menu screen.

You don't have to pick anything. If anything select the Dish 500 or you can pick alternate. Just do another check switch after your first initial download is all completed and the 129 sat will show on the check switch summary screen.

What I did was take off the 129 LNB and then find 119. Then put the 129 LNB back on and run a check switch again and then you should be good to go.

Are you getting programming off of the 129?? If so go to a channel that comes off the 129 then go into the menu. Chances are you are on a wrong transponder number.

all4jo said:
looking at the dish setup and it lists dish 300, dish 500 and super dish, but no dish 1000. is there something that i need to do?
The dish1000 is so new that many receivers don't have dish1000 option loaded in the software yet. It's really important to have the dish1000 option for the purpose of getting azmuth, elevation and skew values. I imagine selecting dish500 would provide numbers close to the actual ones but I'm not an installer so I can't say for sure. If the installer has completed the install and you can see all three satellites then you need not worry about that option.

well the installer has not been able to get 129 , today is his 3 rd day that he has come, and still nothing. he said that his boss said to get 129 he should get 119 at least at 50 signal . which i believe is total crap . anyways last night i managed to get 119 and 110 to the high 90's and still would not get 129.
we will see what happens today.

All4jo, if you are getting 119 and 110 in the high 90's you should be getting something off the 129. Do you have the 129 LNB looped over to the DPPTwin correctly?? You might want to try taking the Twin off and putting the Dual LNB in the 119 slot just to be sure that the LNB is good. If that works then go ahead and peak the Dish with just the 119. After you get the LNB's all hooked up, run a check switch - make sure the reciever takes the download, if it does'nt.... force it to by shutting off the reciever, this could take about 15 minutes. After the initial download... RUN ANOTHER check switch, this should bring up the 129 on your signal strenght screen. If the installer is having that much problems, ask for another installer. Just out of curiousity.. where are you located?

All4jo, forgot to ask... any trees or buildings in the way... slightly to the west of where the dish is pointed???

could it be a bad twin? because its a switch also whenever i go to point dish and change the sat to 129 transponder 11, it says wrong sat-echostar 119 west.

all4jo said:
could it be a bad twin? because its a switch also whenever i go to point dish and change the sat to 129 transponder 11, it says wrong sat-echostar 119 west.
Maybe, but all things considered, it's more likely a bad hookup.

Try tying an output of the 129 LNB directly to a receiver, Check Switch, and see if you get 129. That'll tell you if the aim is good.

all4jo said:

You need to do what I suggested in an earlier post.

Compatability problem?

:yes From what I have read so far it seems to me that you have a older receiver, (what model do you have?) and if thats the case you'll need to have three DP Duals installed ran through a DP 34 switch, and maybe have a DP Adapter installed if it's a Legacy receiver.

PowerDNSTech said:
:yes From what I have read so far it seems to me that you have a older receiver, (what model do you have?) and if thats the case you'll need to have three DP Duals installed ran through a DP 34 switch, and maybe have a DP Adapter installed if it's a Legacy receiver.

4 digit recivers 1000, 2000 3000 etc....only ones that have 3 zeros..cannot download software to see 129..I have a yellow alert right here....this is verbatim
Issue,
some dual tuner receivers may not show 129 orbital location menu screen when conn to a D1000 dish
software is being released by 9/27..a front panel reset is recommended as quick fix
the following are softare versions that wil allow D1000 129 orb slot to show.
DP322 L246
DP 522, 625....L255
DP 942...L281..
NOTE********** New recievers are shipped with factory packout software that is very old....322's are L064......625's aree L075...
Upon install iot necessary to run check switch a few times ot get the receiver to download new software..
This posters issue may be an incorrect conn....If I 'm reading this right, the rookie tech could not get 129 sig?.....That's intersting..we had a rep from the local DNSC office tell us that the peaking process involves the 119 only..In othe3r owrds if the skew and el are properly set then the peak is done off the 119..If that peaks out 110 and 129 should be there..

Picture Quality Issues

Upgrdes for current customers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts