ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
Found this on the D* website:

Discovery HD Theater, Channel 76
Discovery HD Theater delivers the awe–inspiring experience of high definition television in pure 1080i and 5.1 digital surround sound for millions of viewers. As the premiere 24/7 high–definition channel, Discovery HD Theater offers the highest quality real–world entertainment with programs about natural history, wildlife, travel, world culture, lifestyle, science and technology.

Does this mean DiscoveryHD is really 1920x1080? If not, I would expect D* is in for some false advertising claims. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks,
Ted

Found this on the D* website:

Does this mean DiscoveryHD is really 1920x1080? If not, I would expect D* is in for some false advertising claims. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks,
Ted

They could get away with that if it was in 10x1080i resolution.

If I am not mistaken Discovery HD is the only channel that is actually being shown in full resolution in Mpeg-2 on Directv. I think it was stated in the contract they signed with Directv.

I cannot figure this HD stuff out. On Saturday night, the Tigers-Indians game ( STO FEED) looked awesome, but the Rangers-Mariners game (FSN Northwest or Southwest) looked terrible. How does that happen?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Has anybody measured D* typical MPEG4 HD bandwidth?

Slimline Fence Mount

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts