DiscoveryHD News

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
This just in from HDTVMagazine:

DISCOVERY HD THEATERÔ OFFERS ITS FIRST-EVER NATIONAL CONSUMER PROMOTION WITH THE HD FATHER’S DAY SWEEPSTAKES

-- Promotion Designed to Grow HD Awareness During Busy Retail Season --

-- Grand Prizewinner Will Choose Among Three Outstanding “HD Worthy” Vacation Excursions --

Silver Spring, Md. -- Discovery HD TheaterÔ thinks that this Father’s Day, “Dear Old Dad” deserves the best. The network announced today it will kick off its first-ever national consumer promotion, The HD Father’s Day Sweepstakes beginning June 1. Affording one grand prizewinner a trip for two that brings the experience of high-definition to life, The HD Father’s Day Sweepstakes aims to raise awareness of and generate excitement for high-definition television during the busy retail season surrounding Father’s Day.

“Research has shown that HDTV sales spike around special events such as the SuperbowlÔ, or holidays such as Christmas or Father’s Day,” said Clint Stinchcomb, senior vice president and general manager of Discovery HD Theater, Discovery Networks, U.S. “Using Discovery HD Theater, we are providing an exciting promotion that showcases the benefits of HD to consumers in a tangible way. ”

The HD Father’s Day Sweepstakes starts on June 1 and runs through June 30, 2004. Consumers can enter online to win at www.discovery.com/hd. One lucky grand prizewinner will choose one trip for two among the following three “HD worthy” excursions: a high-performance racecar driving excursion in Australia; the unique challenge and beauty of golf at Pebble Beach Golf Course; or the tropical solitude on Peter Island in the British Virgin Islands. Each trip also includes $5,000 in spending money.

On Father’s Day, Discovery HD Theater will feature a programming line-up aimed to please any dad with the premiere of AMERICAN CHOPPER and episode two of the four-part series, THE BLUE REALM, which dives deep to find secrets and unusual behavior of undersea animals. Throughout the summer months, Discovery HD Theater will continue to expand its program offerings, nearing 1,000 hours of new high-definition programming by year’s end.

Discovery HD Theater™ is a 24-hour high-definition (HD) network from the creators of the Discovery Channel. Offering compelling real-world entertainment in virtually all categories of entertainment created by Discovery Networks, Discovery HD Theater showcases programming about adventure, nature, wildlife, science and technology, world culture and more — all designed to provide viewers with the highest-quality television experience available. Discovery HD Theater is available through DIRECTV, DISH Network, VOOM, and the majority of cable companies nationwide, including Time Warner Cable, Charter Communications, Cox Communications, Brighthouse Networks, Insight, Mediacom and numerous others. Visit their network at www.discovery.com/hd.

Me, too...

I'm all for the Aussie trip. Went there on my honeymoon and I have friends in Sydney. the BEST trip I've EVER taken. We're planning on going back for our 5th anniversary...

The Rickster

Put me and my dad down for the trip to pebble. If he wanted to be going recklessly at high speeds, he'd let my mom drive.

Movie Star Ratings

TitanTV Voom Listings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)