DIRT: Sling adapter question

AUTIGERS1101

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 22, 2007
Huntsville, AL
I tried PMing two DIRT members a few minutes ago, but I figured it would be easier to just put this out here and wait for a DIRT member to see it. Sorry for the redundancy!

Just a few weeks ago I ordered dish for my condo in Auburn, AL where I am attending college starting this fall. I was limited in the days I could have it installed as I only go down there every once in a while during the summer to get things done around the house, so I scheduled the installation for two Saturdays ago. The Dish installer (Gregory maybe?) was on time and did a great job, nice guy. However, I had bought a Dish Sling Adapter under the promo when I ordered service at dishnetwork.com. I told him about it and he apologized and told me he didnt have any in his truck, and to call him next time I was at the condo and he would bring it by. I was back at the condo yesterday, and I called him and he brought a Homelink Sling adapter by. I guess we weren't on the same page when I was discussing the Sling adapter to him the week before. I contacted the CSR on dish chat yesterday about getting the Sling Adapter and they said that an installer HAD to come out and install it themselves. I am tech savvy and could figure out how to install the sling adapter if it was shipped to me. I would hate to make my installer come out for a third time as he was a good guy, and on top of that I probably won't be back in Auburn until school starts in mid August. From the posts I've read here people have had the Sling Adapter shipped to them and they have set it up themselves. Could I possibly have the adapter shipped to me? Like I said, it would make things much easier on me AND the installer whose already been out to my condo twice. Thanks!

LOL yeah.. send a tech out to plug a USB device into a USB port.. real f*ing brilliant of the front lines dish chat ... and Dish proper still wonders why people give them bad marks on the score card? wow..

Zach, I hope you have a process to report this up the ranks.. whomever the person was on the chat and or phone with the OP should be re-Ned-ucated.

What is the best HD resolution for my tv?

Signal Loss on 119 Satellite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)