DIRT movers

Hey guys, I wanted to point out that while I was trying to be funny about the whole matter, I was still trying to provide an answer to what I actually feel is a legitimate question. While I feel that being clear about DIRT behaving unethically and actively providing a means to "cheat the system" is a "no go", I was in fact answering a question for the benefit of the members here. We are here to assist in a myriad of issues. While the intention of our presence originally was tech support, Satguys seems to have that under control. We have provided assistance on many things and will continue to do so. This thread hopefully provided a reason for anyone "hiding in the wings" to come forward and get the help they need, without fear that we will report them.

Forgive my "attitude" in the post, as it was seriously to be humorous and not to be pointed and abrasive. I can be a bit unrefined in my attempts at humor (any of my colleagues know this about me) and I forget that, in writing, my humor can be seriously misunderstood. The whole time I was writing I was laughing. Sorry if anyone felt this thread rubbed me wrong at all, and I apologize if anyone feels that I was meaning my posts to snub then in earnest.

If you need help, we are here to provide it. We are not the DISH Secret Police, so fear not. I did want to be clear that we would appreciate it if people asking for help did not even bother to ask us to do something unethical or dishonest, because it does put us in a bad spot. We do not refuse to assist customers with reasonable requests, but somethings just can't be done. I actually want to thank Lt Disher for giving us a means to answer a question that, unanswered, might be a cause for concern from people who really needed our help.

As far as whatchel1's post regarding getting IPs and things of that nature, I believe it also needs a response. While we seriously ask that anyone asking for help not put us in the presence of an ethical dilemma, we reciprocate that by not asking for any Satguys staff to compromise their forum or its member's feeling of a great forum by giving us inside information as to who you are. That is not the nature of our business relationship with Satguys.

Seriously, thanks for the question Lt Disher!:D:D

Last edited:

Team Summit Photos

Team Summit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)