DIRECTV Transponder Map ~ Data 9/11/2024

Also, ESPN+ for Business is not part of the dispute as that's all handled by Joe Hand Promotions.
Now what will happen to that if say Direct does get the right to have ESPN+ be part of some plans? Will they push diseny to allow them to open up the feeds to home users?

No, the ESPN+ for Business feeds are a separate thing handled by a 3rd party

The residential ESPN+ actually has a LOT more simultaneous events than can be shown on those 7 channels.

Reactions: lordodogg
DirecTV Satellite Transponder Updates for Sep 04 2024

Comparison of Transponder Data for Sep 04 2024 vs Aug 28 2024:

No changes in system tables for any transponder tuning parameters.

Changes to the use of defined transponders:

1 Previously unused Transponder with current APG records::
Net 15 TID 136 Beam NAT is a National Transponder on D10@103cb, TPN 13

Stream (PID) counts:

LIVE Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
4​
HD​
258​
-11​
1441​
-6​
SD mpeg4
137​
-1​
199​
-4​
SD mpeg2
425​
-21​
RB​
Audio​
89​
Push​
30​
Slate​
20​
1​
TEST Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
HD​
1​
SD mpeg4
1​
SD mpeg2
2​
RB​
Engr Work​
44​
-1​
2​

The PID count Excel workbook provides much more count detail.

Newly updated tables of Streams on each transponder are available in the DataDigesters TPN Grids

More details of changes in individual channels will follow in the Weekly Analysis
and Gary Toma's Domestic TPN Map Excel files

Weekly Analysis soon
Disney Dispute as noted
Interesting is that is also blacks out ABC O&O LILs in ~ 8 or 9 DMAs

Enjoy
DataDigesters

Weekly Analysis for 9/04/2024:

Attachments

• Weekly_Analysis_240904.xlsx
    25.6 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: Tom Speer
Next week would have the best sample since it's one of 3 weeks where there will be 13 NFLST games.

This week there's only 12 games because Peacock had the Brazil game, the MNF doubleheaders start on week 3, and the byes start on week 4.

Next week would have the best sample since it's one of 3 weeks where there will be 13 NFLST games.

This week there's only 12 games because Peacock had the Brazil game, the MNF doubleheaders start on week 3, and the byes start on week 4.
Doctor J is om vacation, and I am filling in for him for a while. I can grab the data anytime you guys feel like it, if you give me some notice. I am not enough of a NFL fan to make these decisions on my own. Gary, since you would process the data into a TPN map, you tell me when to schedule the data collection. I can start it from my phone anywhere., as long as I have cell service or WiFi.

Doctor J is om vacation, and I am filling in for him for a while. I can grab the data anytime you guys feel like it, if you give me some notice. I am not enough of a NFL fan to make these decisions on my own. Gary, since you would process the data into a TPN map, you tell me when to schedule the data collection. I can start it from my phone anywhere., as long as I have cell service or WiFi.
Tom,

I think that 1:00 EST would be an ideal snapshot time to capture the network configuration. I will be free to produce a fresh TPN Map by 3:00 pm EST.

This has been a custom for the past few years and always provides an interesting perspective.

Reactions: lordodogg
Heads up for any Reno DMA customers. KTVN/2 has been off of DIRECTV since around 10:30pm Sunday night after the Davis fire cut power to their Slide Mountain tower site.

KRNV/4, KOLO/8 and KREN/27 are also off air, but DIRECTV has alternate ways of getting feeds for some of them. i.e. their local receive facility for Reno is at KRNV's studio, while KOLO has translators in range of Reno that are likely still on air.

KNPB/5 who transmits from a different site that isn't affected will be simulcasting KTVN's 5:30pm newscasts tonight and tomorrow.

DirecTV Satellite Transponder Updates for Sep 11 2024

Comparison of Transponder Data for Sep 11 2024 vs Sep 04 2024:

No changes in system tables for any transponder tuning parameters.

Stream (PID) counts:

LIVE Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
4​
HD​
257​
-1​
1441​
SD mpeg4
136​
-1​
199​
SD mpeg2
425​
RB​
Audio​
89​
Push​
30​
Slate​
20​
1​
TEST Streams​
National​
Spot Beams​
Count​
Change​
Count​
Change​
4K​
HD​
1​
SD mpeg4
1​
SD mpeg2
2​
RB​
Engr Work​
44​
2​

Mostly just remapping of the Disney channels (including ESPN) to the dispute slide.

The PID count Excel workbook provides much more count detail.

Newly updated tables of Streams on each transponder are available in the DataDigesters TPN Grids

More details of changes in individual channels will follow in the Weekly Analysis
and Gary Toma's Domestic TPN Map Excel files

352 NASA has been removed after it shutdown on 8/28

The PPV channels on 116/117 for yesterday's qualifier were removed, along with the NFL Network alternate

220 DTV Perks is testing

9759 GIFT (Sportspack on us) is now live

The *FOXWX test record is now on 363

Pixelation ch 642