Directv to Tv in 480p

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Who knows how accurate that customer service rep is. I kind of find it hard to belive that ALL programming will be transmitted at 480p at the lower end...........

I have been looking around online tonight at a bunch of various brands of recievers. If i had a good $1000 i would buy one of those fancy ass THX units that can wash your car while listening to movies in THX.

I have no idea what to even look for in speakers. Any ideas? I was poking around Harmon Kardon, Yamaha, and CVs website looking at some of their stuff. I am lost in all these wires already.

I've got some good Sony speakers for mine. To me as long as the speaker is rated at or more than what your receiver puts out, then you're okay. :) My front two speakers are rated for 230 watts. My center and rear speakers are rated for 100 watts. My receiver is a 5x100 watt system.

I have found on my RP set that 480i looks better going through componet cable than the S-Video cable but whatever looks best to you is what you should do.

The Philips SD reciever box i have only has composite or svid, i chose S vid because i would hope that would look better than composite.

I plan on using Component for SD programming once i get the HTL-HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)