DIRECTV Stream Prices going up

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
Effective on or after October 6, 2024, DIRECTV Stream’s base Entertainment plan will rise from $79.99 a month to $86.99 a month. The Choice plan, the streamer’s cheapest plan that includes regional sports networks, will increase from $108.99 a month to $114.99 a month. The Ultimate package will rise from $119.99 a month to $129.99 a month and the Premier package will increase from $164.99 a month to $169.99 a month.

The timing on all of it. In this Dispute with Disney and oh also your package is going up again anyway in a month
Well, usually when they announce the Stream increase, DirecTV Satellite price increase soon follows, which is only 10 months since the last one.

Why is the price increase higher for streaming than sat?
Because they are trying to make Stream the same price as Satellite, a higher increase might allow that.

Other then that, not a good look for DirecTV to raise pricing right now.

Because they are trying to make Stream the same price as Satellite, a higher increase might allow that.

Other then that, not a good look for DirecTV to raise pricing right now.
Damned if they do, damned if they don't. They need to raise the price either way to make up for lost subs. Now looks terrible due to the Disney fight, but if they raise the prices after the Disney fight, it will look like they "lost."

This is terrible management. If someone makes the call to delay the planned price increase until you can get the Disney deal done, any announced increase will be accepted as "expected" and customers blame Disney. By doing this right at the start of the blackout, they appear greedy and anti-consumer. This is literally terrible timing, and I can't see how anyone would think this is good management. Had the dispute gone for a few months without a deal and then announced the price increase in November or December the dispute is out of mind at that point and it is normal business. As they handled it, they look foolish and/or greedy.

This is terrible management. If someone makes the call to delay the planned price increase until you can get the Disney deal done, any announced increase will be accepted as "expected" and customers blame Disney. By doing this right at the start of the blackout, they appear greedy and anti-consumer. This is literally terrible timing, and I can't see how anyone would think this is good management. Had the dispute gone for a few months without a deal and then announced the price increase in November or December the dispute is out of mind at that point and it is normal business. As they handled it, they look foolish and/or greedy.
I wrote part of this in a different thread about the loss of ESPN-

……….does not help that DirecTV just announced a major price increase, that makes them look like hypocrites when they say they are fighting for lower prices for our subscribers.

With a jump of about, roughly, $8-10 depending on what package, if Satellite/Internet or Stream, just too much right now.

Plus the fact DirecTV does not have to pay per sub fees for the channels in dispute, ESPN’s is about $9 a month alone.

Sorry folks, but been away from this for a long time and sort of lost touch on the latest goings-on. ....

So what happened to the old annual price increase schedule that regularly took place in Feb. of the new year?

Or is that outdated for when DIRECTV was under AT&T?

And we have DIRECTV satellite service where my package says "XTRA", which isn't even listed today. Does that mean it's "grandfathered" or something?

So anyone have any idea what the expected price increase is for that package?

Thanks ....

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

So what happened to the old annual price increase schedule that regularly took place in Feb. of the new year?
They have had 3 increases in the last 21 Months.

And we have DIRECTV satellite service where my package says "XTRA", which isn't even listed today. Does that mean it's "grandfathered" or something?

So anyone have any idea what the expected price increase is for that package?
It is listed in the link I provided below-

PREMIER
ULTIMATE
XTRA
PREFERRED XTRA
CHOICE XTRA CLASSIC
LO MAXIMO
OPCION PREMIER

The increase is $9

They have had 3 increases in the last 21 Months.

It is listed in the link I provided below-

PREMIER
ULTIMATE
XTRA
PREFERRED XTRA
CHOICE XTRA CLASSIC
LO MAXIMO
OPCION PREMIER

The increase is $9

Oh OK, thanks ...

Ugh ....

And I see with a $2 increase in the RSF and $1 for PP, that's $12 total so far.

Man... three increases in just the past 21 months you say?

Well, needless to say, after 29 straight years (since Sep. '95) we're going to have to seriously consider finally leaving DIRECTV.

As costs have just gotten way out of hand now. ...

• Sad
Reactions: AZ. and lordodogg
The problem is finding something that can deliver the service comparable to our rather large home installation of 8 receivers (an HR54 Genie, 4 HR24s and 3 mini clients.

And the "FAF" (Family Acceptance Factor) and learning curves required to move on to something else. When after all these years and people have grown older and set in their ways.

DIRECTV has become like a natural part of the household now. And still the "devil everyone very well knows" and comfortable with in spite of the costs.

Got to break this stubborn mentality ....

Reactions: AZ.
The problem is finding something that can deliver the service comparable to our rather large home installation of 8 receivers (an HR54 Genie, 4 HR24s and 3 mini clients.

And the "FAF" (Family Acceptance Factor) and learning curves required to move on to something else. When after all these years and people have grown older and set in their ways.

DIRECTV has become like a natural part of the household now. And still the "devil everyone very well knows" and comfortable with in spite of the costs.

Same for me. I don't have as many receivers but stubborn people who don't like to learn and dependability have kept me with DTV. Now with unlimited streams on home network and cost savings, I think the stubbornness is finally gone. Without Disney belling pulled though, I doubt this would have happened for another year or 2.

Oh OK, thanks ...

Ugh ....

And I see with a $2 increase in the RSF and $1 for PP, that's $12 total so far.

Man... three increases in just the past 21 months you say?

Well, needless to say, after 29 straight years (since Sep. '95) we're going to have to seriously consider finally leaving DIRECTV.

As costs have just gotten way out of hand now. ...

If you need the RSN, you are kinda stuck.

But if not, YTTV with unlimited streams ( for all those 8 rooms) is $83.99

As far as switching to any service, always a learning curve, usually takes 2 weeks for most, good thing YTTV has a free 21 day trial.

If you need the RSN, you are kinda stuck.

But if not, YTTV with unlimited streams ( for all those 8 rooms) is $83.99

As far as switching to any service, always a learning curve, usually takes 2 weeks for most, good thing YTTV has a free 21 day trial.
YTTV has a $4.99 12 month offer for the 4k/unlimited right now, free 30 day trial

It was cut to 10 days on Tuesday.
That sucks, at least it is still free for those missing ESPN for 10 days.

Better then what DirecTV is doing, raising the prices a lot while not providing a lot of channels and not having to pay the per sub fee for them.

New DIRECTV Satellite pricing

DTV and Dish Network Discuss Merger Talks Again