Directv Setup Issues - Need Urgent Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kkochhar

Original poster
Feb 18, 2005
Here is my frustration:

I have 36 inch dish as I have 95 (Indian channels) and 101 networks on the flat roof and no trees / buildings etc in the signal path. The dish was installed 2 weeks back and still no resolution.

Local company came to install the equipment and the moment they left, 95 went off saying "searching for signal......." tired of seeing this message now.

They came back and changed the whole equipment except the receiver as they are not supposed to, same issue came when they left......

I have called them couple of times, they did the following to give me short-lived joy:

1. Tighten the dish, alignment......

When I recently called them, they said it could be your receiver. First time, they got the new receiver but after everything, they were told they can't put the new one on a service call. Next time, they got the refurbished one, this time after everything, they were told it is activated on somebody's else account.
Next time a new guy comes in from a diff local company and says that dish has moved and is not aligned properly so couldn't replace my receiver with the refurbised receiver when the signal strength came back. I told him it is only short lived and previous guys have been doing the same thing. He didnt listen and went back by giving me short joy again.

I need help from gurus here as I need to make decision on whether to keep it or not. This is what I have debuged and It could always get to a point where it fails:

1. I can watch 95 network without any signal issues for any number of hours without switching.
2. I can switch to 101 network for a short time let's say 5/10 minutes and switch back to 95 network. It still gives the "signals searching....." but comes back after a minute or so.
3. If I switch to 101 from 95 for a longer period of time, say 1/2 an hr. or more and try to switch back, it never comes back. I am 100% sure on this.

The local company has changed the multi switch 3 times but receiver, I am thinking it could be the receiver.

Finally I have DIRECTV to send me the new receiver in fedex. Once I have have it, this is the last thing i am gonna try.

I need your valuable advice. Please assist. :eek:

Manufacturer DIRECTV

Model D10-300

Dish is mounted on the roof top by the professionals. I beleive it is a multi switch.

D10-300 is made by Phillips,could be the problem. Is the dish permanently mounted on the flat roof or is it held in place by a non penetrating roof mount which is held in place by weights usually bags of concrete or cinder blocks. you should have a 4 X 4 multiswitch for reception from 95 and 101. The more you can help us the easier it is to guess at your problems solution.

kkochhar said:
1. I can watch 95 network without any signal issues for any number of hours without switching.
2. I can switch to 101 network for a short time let's say 5/10 minutes and switch back to 95 network. It still gives the "signals searching....." but comes back after a minute or so.
3. If I switch to 101 from 95 for a longer period of time, say 1/2 an hr. or more and try to switch back, it never comes back. I am 100% sure on this.

Sounds like it might be a hardware issue on the demod chip of your STB.
Just in case, make sure your satellite set-up is consistent with your multiswitch. (You probably have to set it to Triple LNB).
Can you provide info on which version of the DiSEqC protocol your multiswitch is compliant to?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Samsung 360s and local channel info

Will new dish be needed with new D* satellites?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)