Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
This just shows that D* cares about their sports loving customers while Cheap Ass Charlie doesn't.

My gramma calls me all in a panic that they Twins game is blacked out. She lives 1/2 mile from me and has Dish (bless her soul) :)
Anywho I have her do a reboot and gets same message. Then I meander to the Dish section and see that Cheap Charlie decided to lock Twins fans out of some games.
We use to have 25 games on local TV (My29) and this year they got moved to FSN North. So it sounds like Fox wants a little extra to carry those games. Most providers had no issues doing it including Comcast and Directv.

Dish on the other hand? Charlie did what he does best....yanks programming from his subs.

Thanks Directv for providing me the programs I pay to see and the sports I love in HD. I dont have to worry "oh man...is my game gonna be in HD, JIP'd in HD, on HD at all" and I guess now "Will I be blacked out?"

Thread if you wanna look ;)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/249695-tonights-twins-yankees-game-blocked.html

I want to Know, whats on Satellite D* or E* on MLB Network right now in the NY market? Can anyone confirm Boston, Cleveland like on my cable, Or is it Just a Black Screen?

Yankee Twins are on YES for us.

Never mind about E*, I forgot Cheap old chuck doesn't have MLB Network.

I get Yankees vs Twins on MLB Network right now.

Now I have to agree with Ice on this as right now on my RSN's I have the choice of the following

Astro's vs Reds
Bobcats vs Cavaliers
Red Sox vs Indians
and as a bonus (RSNa turned on for this game 658-1)
Stars vs Blue Jackets

OK I got confirmation, Looks like D* is Playing Boston/Cleveland game on MLB Network, And Yankee's/Twins on YES Network for the NY Sports area.

Just like Cable! Nice.

It will suck though if YES is Dropped.

2 Big thumbs up.

Now whats Dish Showing?

I get Yankees vs Twins on MLB Network right now.

Now I have to agree with Ice on this as right now on my RSN's I have the choice of the following

Astro's vs Reds
Bobcats vs Cavaliers
Red Sox vs Indians
and as a bonus (RSNa turned on for this game 658-1)
Stars vs Blue Jackets
Don't Forget its Free MLB EI until the 10th.

You should be getting every game.

Now whats Dish Showing?
dish doesnt have MLB Net
FSN North has a 744 message "you are not authorized to receive this program" which should say "Charlie is too cheap to allow you to see this game. Sorry tune to the radio like they did in 1972"

on D*
668 FSN-working
213 MLB-Blacked out
214 MLB ALt- Red Sox/Tribe

dish doesnt have MLB Net
FSN North has a 744 message "you are not authorized to receive this program" which should say "Charlie is too cheap to allow you to see this game. Sorry tune to the radio like they did in 1972"

on D*
668 FSN-working
213 MLB-Blacked out
214 MLB ALt- Red Sox/Tribe

All 3 channels were up on my Direct go figure :confused:. Remember though Ice Charlie is saving his subscribers money. That's all you ever hear in the Dish forum. ;)

All 3 channels were up on my Direct go figure :confused:.
right now there is a MLB EI freeview til the 10th. So that is why 668 was in the clear at "your location". Normally it would be blacked out
The MLB games are blacked out for the teams involved. Thats why 213 is blacked out for me. They want you to watch it on the local RSN

Remember though Ice Charlie is saving his subscribers money. That's all you ever hear in the Dish forum. ;)
mmm hmmm...thats why my dad's bill is over $100 including $28 in receiver fees

Read the thread I linked too...lots of Twins fans pissed at cheap charlie. All he's doing is saving money for HIM...not the subs...no matter what people say

right now there is a MLB EI freeview til the 10th. So that is why 668 was in the clear at "your location". Normally it would be blacked out
The MLB games are blacked out for the teams involved. Thats why 213 is blacked out for me. They want you to watch it on the local RSN

mmm hmmm...thats why my dad's bill is over $100 including $28 in receiver fees

Read the thread I linked too...lots of Twins fans pissed at cheap charlie. All he's doing is saving money for HIM...not the subs...no matter what people say

I read the posts in the Dish forum, it was good :). Charlie's great followers always go on the defense though when you put them on the spot and say if it wasn't for Charlie saving them money that we all would be paying more. If you compare apples to apples you actually get more bang for your buck with Direct. Ya Charlie has some cheap crap packages but even Directs Family pack offers more that I like than Dish does in there Family pack if they still even have it.

with ya Ice, and I have had Dish before, hated it.

They wanted over 800 for hd setup, and my bill was the same as it is now with DirecTV. With HD and everything.

So i am more than satisfied, whenever I call in and ask for anything they can do to help me out they have been awesome and more than willing to apply discounts. DirecTV by far is superior to any Cable, Satelitte or other providers.

So, basically you can go with Dish, and have no major RSN channels, and no major NFL games. or get DirecTV and have NFL Ticket, MLB EI, etc.....

I read the posts in the Dish forum, it was good :). Charlie's great followers always go on the defense though when you put them on the spot and say if it wasn't for Charlie saving them money that we all would be paying more.

yep. There are a few folks who will defend Dish no matter what happens.

Ice, thanks for getting a 'positive' thread started here. I see enough of the "anti" league's comments on these satt boards as it is. This Bd is better rounded (imo) than the other one. There must be some serious "history" with some of these online posters in that other forum from the looks of a lot of posts over there.

Regarding "rocks", I have one word that covers it for me..."sports" :). While I always like to hear about new HD non-sports channel additions, I like the available HD lineup at present. As new HD's are added, it's good to see ppl's wish lists's getting satisfied.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tv tuner card for direct tv

Whole House Viewing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)