DirecTV receiver question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
My D11-500 died had it since last June. I called DirecTv and they are sending out a new SD receiver and card free:eek:. What is the newest SD receiver D-12 or is there a D-13? Direct said the the D-11's had issues and is junk so I can just toss it when the new one comes. It lost it access card access I think the card reader took a dump since it said enter card even when the card is in.

Im glad I have my Bud and H2H programming for backup.

D12 is the newest SD only receiver

Dont throw that D11 away. Directv needs you to ship it back (on their dime) since you lease it. I had the same issue with a R15 I got from goodwill. It crapped out and D* sent me a nice R22 (which is a heckuva lot better). Sent the R15 back

The guy said they don't want the receiver back since it's old. This was in the access card dept. I will make sure when the new one comes exactly what they want me to do. I told them to send it to my billing address hopefully they send it where I asked them to since my service add is in Wis still. I'm suppose to call them back for the Fed Ex tracking number I'll have to see where there shipping it. hope no screw ups.

BTW how long did it take you to get your new Stb Ice? They said 2-5 business days.

The guy said they don't want the receiver back since it's old. This was in the access card dept. I will make sure when the new one comes exactly what they want me to do.
exactly. I think unless its a OLD model like a Tivo or something they will at least want it back but just confirm with the rep when you call in to activate

I told them to send it to my billing address hopefully they send it where I asked them to since my service add is in Wis still. I'm suppose to call them back for the Fed Ex tracking number I'll have to see where there shipping it. hope no screw ups.

call back and get the tracking number to verify. The 1st one they sent me went to my "physical" so I went on Fedex and told them to hold it at the location. Called up D* and told them they screwed up and they sent the new one to my billing. After the original one arrived at the "physical" location drop site I called FedEx and told them to refuse it. They sent it back to D*

BTW how long did it take you to get your new Stb Ice? They said 2-5 business days.
mine was sent 2 day air so you should get it in a couple days. I called on a Wednesday night and got the new one Friday

Ok Thanks Ice. The other day the D-11 started changing channels by itself when I was playing with the S-Video connection, figured this thing is messed up, rebooted it and it stopped. Just shows you all these pizza stb's are junk these days like most electronics. They are suppose to send a new STB & card for free and credit my account for a week of programming too, lets see if Direct follows through on their promises.

They are suppose to send a new STB & card for free and credit my account for a week of programming too, lets see if Direct follows through on their promises.
thats cool. They'll give you the credit. Dang I didnt get a credit when mine died (but then I had a backup receiver)

I look at it like this, I only have one SD box and without it up I'm not paying for programming I'm not receiving. They should issue credit. The guy said I was a good customer and been with them a long time. Maybe it has to do with my bill paid on time always. Anyway he was cutting me all kind of deals. If this comes off without a hitch I'll be happy.

Weird thing was I pugged 2 other P4 cards I have and it read them RID & Card #. A friend gave me some old cards he had that were never activated. Direct told me the numbers were no good they belonged to someone else. I tried to make it easy for them. I only have 6 good brick DTV receivers they won't activate, and the one they will don't work now, go figure the stupidity. They could save themselves the hassle by just by activating one of my boxes I have here.

Direct Emailed me this:

Great news, we have placed your order for a replacement DIRECTV[SIZE=-1]?[/SIZE] Standard Receiver!

When your new receiver arrives, you'll find simple setup and activation instructions. Then you'll be ready to continue enjoying your favorite movies, sports and shows on DIRECTV.

What do you do with your defective receiver?

If you receive a pre-paid FedEx air bill:
  • Simply attach it to the box provided and send your old receiver back to us free of charge.
  • Call 1-800-Go FedEx (1-800-463-3339) to request a pick-up or go to your nearest FedEx drop-off location.
  • Be sure to return your receiver as soon as possible—$45 will be charged to your account if your old receiver is not returned to DIRECTV within 7 days.
If you did not receive a pre-paid FedEx air bill, you don't need to return your old receiver, and you're all set.

D12 is the newest SD only receiver

Dont throw that D11 away. Directv needs you to ship it back (on their dime) since you lease it. I had the same issue with a R15 I got from goodwill. It crapped out and D* sent me a nice R22 (which is a heckuva lot better). Sent the R15 back

Most likely he will just get an envelope for the card in the D11. D11 have been removed from our active inventory and as such are not being redeployed and recovery kits are not going out. they may still ask for the box back but the last few customer I had to deal with our system stated it was not going to send a recovery kit because the recover model was on the DNR list.

They told me they didn't want the receiver back since it was troublesome and showed up as such in the system. Why did I get a D-11 in the first place when the D-12's were being used when my install was last June? This thing has given me occasional lockups since about a week after I got it, then the funky channel changing now the total dump of reading the cam.

What is the difference between the 100, 300 & 500 models? Does the D-12 offer more features over the D-11 or less?

Replacement receiver is suppose to be here Monday. Looks like they're shipping it to the right address.

What is the difference between the 100, 300 & 500 models? Does the D-12 offer more features over the D-11 or less?

Usually the 100,300,500 is the size of the hard drive but since its not a DVR that point is moot
D12 is better...

Hope the video is better with a faster processor or updated algorithm. Getting use to H2H's good video right now :)

I read on the net the 100's are RCA built, 300, Phillips and the 500's are a company that starts with a H, like Humax or something like that. I one of better quality than the other or all the same.

Ok Thanks Ice. The other day the D-11 started changing channels by itself when I was playing with the S-Video connection, figured this thing is messed up, rebooted it and it stopped. Just shows you all these pizza stb's are junk these days like most electronics. They are suppose to send a new STB & card for free and credit my account for a week of programming too, lets see if Direct follows through on their promises.

Why do you even HAVE D* ?

Your going thru a defective recvr that D* is going to take care of, you'll have a new box in a few days and you STILL decide to SLAM D* over it ..... What gives ?

I suppose your C-Band equipment that is made in the same places is state of the art and PERFECT .... sheesh.

I always thought that was the size of the hard drive....or is it just on the DVR's?
The model Number has nothing to do with the Hard Drive.

R15 R16,R22 have the same size hard drive. I think is 160 GB

HR 20-700 has a 300GB
HR 20-100 and all HR 21-s Have a 320 GB Hard drive
HR 21 Pro HR22,HR23,HR24, All have 500 GB hard drives.

Why do you even HAVE D* ?

Your going thru a defective recvr that D* is going to take care of, you'll have a new box in a few days and you STILL decide to SLAM D* over it ..... What gives ?

I suppose your C-Band equipment that is made in the same places is state of the art and PERFECT .... sheesh.

I'm not slamming Direct. I have heard too many horror story's about the small dish providers treating the customer like crap. If Direct handles it like it should be as promised with no issues I will praise the customer service. Over at the 4D C band side of things at Sat Guys I am being warned to be careful since ones posting said they have been screwed. It's the old thing bad news travels faster than good.

Lets face it all consumer electronics lately are sub par. I work on this stuff daily and see what is under the hood. They will put under rated value parts in products just to save a penny. When you feed 12 volts to an 8 volt part it's not going to work very long, it's a fact. The pizza STB's are built as cheap as possible so they get the most return on their investment, it's a fact of life. They are not built for the long haul. The Digicipher is still built on a commercial platform. That taken into consideration means that the 12 volt circuit is using capacitors rated above the 12 volt rating instead of below. Commercial products require higher standards. Back in the day part values were seldom underrated in consumer gear but not these days. There is a lot of off shore junk out there in c band these days but you can still get quality by going commercial or using older stuff that lasts and lasts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

How does the DVR know what is first run?

Getting 2 Free Hd Receivers & install HDMI?cables

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)