Directv dvr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnny58259

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
If you own a dvr and have recordings on it I know if you turn it off it won't let you access your recordings. I was wondering if you disconnect your satellite cable from the dvr before you cut off the dvr could you access your recordings for as long as the hard drive holds up or will it eventually lock you out?

I have read that doing that works, but not forever.

johnny58259 said:
If you own a dvr and have recordings on it I know if you turn it off it won't let you access your recordings. I was wondering if you disconnect your satellite cable from the dvr before you cut off the dvr could you access your recordings for as long as the hard drive holds up or will it eventually lock you out?

50/50. Some I've seen work for weeks, others hours. How it knows to not let you access content is beyond me but somehow it has cut it off

One more ? Can you use a dvr receiver just as a HD receiver and cut the dvr function off especially if you own the receiver

I don't think so. Directv will still charge you $6/month per account for dvr service. Owning it shouldn't make any difference.

I seem to have tried this and it looks like from what I can tell, is you can watch your recordings until it loses power, once power is lost, it looks for the Sat signal and doesn't see one.

If you want to remove the dvr service you have to send back the Dvr funny thing is sometimes they charge you to get an HD as a replacement

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Upgrade questions.

Slimeline 5lnb with no hd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)