Directv costs

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
So I have 10 months left on my contract. I have the choice package . I’m looking to lower my bill but every time I call in the reps say “ Hey I can lower your bill “ great . Well they want to have me downgrade my package to save but a lot of channels my wife watches . I hardly watch tv anymore . I mostly watch sports . I need to get my bill under $100. Anyone have any luck?

You won't have much leverage if you have existing discounts or until that 10 months of contract passes. You could tell them you are thinking of cancelling, the cancellation fee is $200, see if they offer a deal to make it worth not paying the $200, tell them you are looking at Dish and it is cheaper even with the $200.

If you drop to Entertainment package you lose your local sports (regional sports) but also drop the RSN fee. Also lose a few other channels. You should review the channel package charts on their website before calling to know what your bottom package will be. They used to have a Choice Preferred option that was Choice without regional sports, that could be an option too if you ask.

Saying cancel at the prompt will get you someone more empowered to do things versus saying other things at the prompt. Good luck.

New Genie Menus Coming in July