Directv Chat Support - Thumbs Up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
I have been very vocal about their cust service when making account changes in the past, vs Dish.

Dish was great because you had Dirt, chat, or most changes you could just make on line. Directv, wanna drop HBO? "Please call" popup on your online account.

I tried chat yesterday to make large changes to my programming, as well as deactivate my other HDDVR, and it was great. They have made great strides here, because let's face it, most of us do not want to have to call in and get spammed when we want to drop HBO and add Showtime.

I explained I had way more than I needed (Premier) and wanted Choice with HBO and Max (only two with shows I am watching right now). Handled all that with ease, and once complete I was asked why I made the changes. I explained I was overspending on products I did not use, and felt the need to reduce the bill to something more realistic. They also gave me $5 off for $12 months without me even asking. All said and done, I reduced my bill by $37 and got exactly what I wanted for 15 minutes of chat time.

Sling TV is already tempting, so I think providers need to work with the customers in keeping costs in their budget if they want to keep the business.

glad it worked out

I know what its like to call in. I had to call in for my dad when he had to swap out an obsolete receiver on Dish and after I set it up to get the new receiver the guy had to spam me with offers for HBO and SHowtime

Thats what annoyed me. I like watching many original series across the premiums, but we never use them for movies. Doesn't make much sense to keep paying for Showtime when say Homeland isnt on for example. I liked Dish's allowing you to do the changes online, as long as it was every 30 days.

Calling in to swap Cinemax for Starz, last thing I need is be spammed.

Awesome. It took me a minute to find the option, but I will use it in the future whenever I need to do something. First time I used it was January, and that was to deactivate my HD box I use during football for my second tv. Was very very easy.

Thanks, I will. This year for football I am probably gonna swap to a wireless client to make things easier.

depending if you're out of contract or very close to it, you might be able to get them to throw that in to re-sign. i've seen it a couple of times. but you really gotta work em for it.

Reactions: gadgtfreek
I tried the chat this weekend. I was trying to cancel the MLB package before the season starts. They said they couldn't do that in chat so I still had to call in.

I've tried it in the past, but any time I ever click on it nothing ever comes up. Justa pop with what appears to be the same questions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Want DirecTV & FiOS Internet. Is this viable?

DIRECTV Joins TCM Film Festival Sponsor Roster

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)