Status
Please reply by conversation.

nelson61

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
Where it's Warm
Directv has surrendered and canceled work on RB 4, a BSS 17 Ghz satellite scheduled for 111W citing other nations having ITU (International Telecommunications Union) priority for that longitude. RB 1 and RB 2 design/construction continues at this time.

Echostar canceled all of their BSS 17 Ghz satellites earlier this year, citing similar international priority conflicts.

Surrender

True that 17 Ghz. has more rain fade; but if it is spot-beamed, and with extra error correction, I could see it as a vehicle as the final solution for HD locals. Spot beams tend to soak their areas with additional signal, which might cut down on the rain fade issue, allowing them to free up additional KA bandwidth.

--Nat

17 ghz more rain fade. Pizza just don't get how it works I guess.:confused:

I would be more than willing to bet my one good nut that they both have guys that know and do more in one minute than you ever will or ever have. Now you are just coming off sounding like an arrogant jerk with the "Pizza just don't get how it works I guess." crap. Hear is a great idea; why don't you apply for a job there and get it all fixed for them and us. But you really have no idea how arrogant and childish you are really starting to sound. I can't believe that I finally found the 2nd person to hit my ignore list. Geez; GIVE IT A REST with your sad personal vendetta statements.

I would be more than willing to bet my one good nut that they both have guys that know and do more in one minute than you ever will or ever have..

Knowing is one thing doing is another thats Directs problem.Consumers are not subject to the broadcast standards that are required in the industry. The consumer supports the corporation but they forget that when it comes to making it better for us. This usually allows us to end up with a substandard product. As long as the masses keep accepting it and support the bottom line not only with Direct but Dish, Cable & IPTV too they will remain on this course.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Best way to add DirecTV to existing cable/broadband

tv tuner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)