Direct TV in St. John, USVI

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kacrane

Original poster
Jan 13, 2011
California
Does anyone know what size dish is required to receive Direct TV in St. John USVI and which Satellites are within reception. Also which LNB would work and where I might purchase the right dish?

I may take the US based receiver from my motor home there.

You may want to do a search

DirecTV and Dishnetwork both offer services to Puerto Rico, which is next to the US VI.

It's my understanding that the DirecTV services in Puerto Rico come from DirecTV Latin America.

This is from the DirecTV website:
Our signal doesn't reach Puerto Rico. However, service is available in Puerto Rico through DIRECTV Latin America. Please visit DIRECTV Latin America's web site at DIRECTV - La Evolución de la Televisión for more information.

I'm almost sure your U.S. activated receiver would not work with DIRECTV Latin America.

sorry not more helpful......

Not all DirecTV sats have footprint in the Caribbean and Latin American so you channel reception will likely not be 100%

Dont want to steel the thread. But i am moving to BVI Next month and would like to use my DTV unit their i know they get DIsh fine using a 6ft dish but will it be the same for DTV? would hate to go over to DSIH:(

thanks for any info..

SATCOM4

again, it depends on what exactly you want to get and how reliably. I doubt ANY of the new SATs have a footprint that covers ANY of these areas; so likely no HD

again, it depends on what exactly you want to get and how reliably. I doubt ANY of the new SATs have a footprint that covers ANY of these areas; so likely no HD

Well now i am using it fine just south of cuba i have a 6ft at 101 and a 8ft at 103 and get hd fine. just trying to see if the same size dish would be need in Tortola as i am moving for a year and would just take my unit with me.. HD is no big deal for me once i can get SD is cool...

Both Dish and Direct offer service in the USVI using 30" or smaller dishes. Direct as mentioned is the Latin America service meaning more Spanish language programming.

Dish offers its North American packages off satellites 110 and 119. HD programming is available from Dish. Given Tortolas very close proximity to the USVI you should have no problem picking up signals from either. You may however need to have a mailing address in the USVI to sign up for either service.

Jim

Nothing personal with DTV latin america but don't waste your time in getting this signal. Programming is never the same as DTV US. My opinion....

Satcom4, which LNB would I need, I may want to use it on Beef Island, and are you using a US based receiver in Cuba?
I would think I would get something.

Satcom4, which LNB would I need, I may want to use it on Beef Island, and are you using a US based receiver in Cuba?
I would think I would get something.

Sorry for the late reply i travel a bit.. yes i am using a USA based STB in Cuba i use the DTV 32+Aspen LNBS they work great for me.. hope that helps

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirecTV Tech Help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)