Direct tv dish round single to oval 3 head

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lakesurfer

Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
I tried to change from round to oval, I think the oval may be broken. I aimed it and hooked my single cable to it. There are 4 places on the oval dish to hook the cable, does it matter. I tried them all. My receiver has an auto dish detect, it works for the round but not the oval, does this indicate the oval dish is broken?
More info....Receiver is a Samsung, supplied by Direct TV last Nov. It works with my home's 3 head oval. We tried it to make sure it would get the local channels. When I hooked up the new used dish I got for the cottage, I reset the receiver to 3 head oval from round. Even if the dish is pionting the wrong way the auto setting for dish type (I have 3 choices, round, 2 head oval and triple head oval should work, shouldn't it? It works with my old round but it says check dish or cable when I hook it to the 3 head oval and push auto detect.)
This is why I thought the head wasn't working. My old system only has one cable, do you know if this is a problem? I am thinking the 4 connecters are for 4 receivers,right?
I tied all 4 connections, got nothing, 0 signal and no auto set recognition.
Thanks for your help.

Have you set the skew az and elevation for your new location then aimed the dish so that you have a signal?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

anyone get the new install in chicago?

Help on install of another tv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)