Direct TV 5 LNB Slimline Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smokey14

Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
N. Minnesota
I recently purchase the above dish, have it installed as close to perfect as I can,,I have set the elevation,azimuth and skew as DTV said I should. I get the three western sats with a signal level of 88-95 but the three eastern ones are zero. Any ideas???

What are you talking about? DISH Network has Eastern Arc and Western Arc satellites. Directv uses the Slimline dish and it picks up satellites at 101/110/119 Ku and 99/103 Ka satellites.

Right I am referring to Direct TV's eastern most sat's..get zero signal on 99 and 103. Seems it is the KA band Sat's I cannot see.

Last edited:
Right, mis-quote on my part...the BBC was hooked up but my son in law must have disconnected while checking my connections, re-installed it and am doing a reset of the Direct TV box,,,shall report back...

I'm confused. DirecTV only has 5 satellite slots. The OP implies 6.

Anyway, I second the BBC notion. :)

ya my area uses 5LNBs.. this pic is my slimline 5LNB

S6300640.jpg

Appears to be the same, amazing the difference in picture quality,,,I stlll have some find tuning to do as the signal strength on the KA birds are down in the mid to high 80's or maybe that is good enough..

OOPS!. i meant 80's or more.

We dont carry the SD recievers anymore. i do get a HIGH number when locking in 101 and 119, roughly 96-99 and balance them both out and lock it in.

then setting up the sat set-up, the signal is lower than what you got off your birddog on HD recievers.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Very Confused about Distant Nets

How to connect Panasonic Monitor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)