Digiwave DG6800 settings for dish install?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

UnderTow

Original poster
Nov 27, 2004
Hi.

This is my 1st FTA dish install, I've installed 3 BEV dishs prior, but this time I've got a HH990 dish motor involved and a 33" dish.

1) Dish mount is attached to my roof and the arm is leveled

2) HH990 motor is locked at 45 degrees (the manual say 45 degrees for 45 latitude)

3) The dish is mounted to the motor at 31 degrees (SBS6 is my true south bird, it's 37 - my motor declination)

4) The azimuth of SBS6 from me is 177.584174 (don't remember the calc right now) So I rotated the motor and dish together towards it.

NOW, my question is how to pick up my nearest true south Sat? (SBS6)

I admittedly didn't have the dish pointed completely towards the correct Azimuth yesterday, but my wife was watching the reciever and noticed the signal strength and quality to be around 64% and 30~97%. I wasn't able to scan for any channels. (none turned up) Is this just interference, was my Antenna settings incorrect, or was I picking another bird?

With the DG6800, what should my Antenna settings and Channel scaning settings be?!? I have a Universal LNB, should I set the Antenna to Universal LNB? I read it needs to be at 22khz frequency? I'm confused on where this LNB information can be gathered. (nothing came with the LNB or the reciever regarding this)

From the channel scan menu, should I see a "lock" or similar bells and whistles when I finally pickup SBS6 correctly?

For example, the Sat list in the DG6800 doesn't include the SBS6. I don't see a way to add SBS6 to the current Sat list. Can I leave the Sat settings alone for now? Should I re-configure the default (Sat T-5) to the settings for SBS6?

Sorry for the flurry of questions. I just don't know if the reciever is setup incorrectly for me to pickup SBS6 when I climb up on the roof next to re-align it.

Thanks!!!

- UnderTow

Use any other satellite name for now, one from another part of the world that you will never use will work for now........like "Astra"

If you are sure you have a universal LNB set the antenna to UNIVERSAL

LNB Local-Frq. 9750/10600

If you set it to universal it auto sets the 22khz tone.

Watch only the QUALITY meter when pointing the dish.

Have this channel/TP entered before you point or you will never get quality...

ONN
11741 MHz
H
6616 Msps

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTA Installation Question!

sts uplink1 analog. What sat did I get?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)