Defiance (SYFY)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lacubs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Erie, Pa
i am trying to to recorded this new series, but the problem is the HR34 will only pick the ones with the HD icon not the first runs, i don't why syfy or the tribune didn't put the HD icon if they know DVR work this way

No, the DVR does not "work this way". Exactly what are you trying to do, and what do you see happening.

all i know is the series start tonight and i had it in "To Do List" for 3 weeks and Saturday i notice direcTV my recording to Friday Night and i don't why, the only thing can think of is the HD icon

If its set to record all 1st run the receiver doesnt care if its in HD or not....it looks at the date on the info

all i know is the series start tonight and i had it in "To Do List" for 3 weeks and Saturday i notice direcTV my recording to Friday Night and i don't why, the only thing can think of is the HD icon

Sorry, I still don 't understand what you are saying happened....

then i can't figured its out! everytime i go back in repeated series series setup, its will record the first run for like 5 seconds then switch the repeats

Just tried it and there's definitely a bug, although not the way you describe. If I go to the guide, and select tonight's pilot episode, hit R to record it, hit R again to record the series. If I go to series manager everything looks OK, except there is an entry for Defiance for 12.00, with no episode info. When I try to select it, nothing happens. The first episode at 8pm shows correctly to record. I suspect there is a problem with the guide data being supplied to DirecTV, but it looks to me like everything will record correctly.

Just tried it and there's definitely a bug, although not the way you describe. If I go to the guide, and select tonight's pilot episode, hit R to record it, hit R again to record the series. If I go to series manager everything looks OK, except there is an entry for Defiance for 12.00, with no episode info. When I try to select it, nothing happens. The first episode at 8pm shows correctly to record. I suspect there is a problem with the guide data being supplied to DirecTV, but it looks to me like everything will record correctly.
but why isn't recording on right night then? if you try it should of change to Friday 4/19 10:00 after like 5 minutes

So override it in "upcoming" by selecting the episode tonight to record.

I went to "upcoming" and selected tonight's episode to record, and it seems to have "stuck". FYI the same problem exists next week, There is something very screwed up with Sifi's guide data, at least as far as the Genie is concerned (I have not tried it with my regular DVR)

for tonight episode i just cancel Friday night recording and just manual record tonight episode until direcTV fix the "bug" thanks, texasbrit

This has happened to me before when a timer doesn't record the next available show but one hrs or days later for what ever reason. I've always just went in and changed it, so far it's always worked.

If I go to the guide, and select tonight's pilot episode, hit R to record it, hit R again to record the series. If I go to series manager everything looks OK, except there is an entry for Defiance for 12.00, with no episode info. When I try to select it, nothing happens.

the 12:00 thing usually has to do with a series premiere that is further out normally of the standard 14 days. I mentioned something like that a while ago
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...coming-shows-quot-in-the-past?highlight=anger

I've seen timers show later this summer for some new shows

Well I setup my recording of it tonight at 8:50 PM first run only. It did not record the show?
it's must be a bug then, i record it manual until they fix it! like i said everything was ok until Saturday, i wonder how many people cost this premiere tonight

it's must be a bug then, i record it manual until they fix it! like i said everything was ok until Saturday, i wonder how many people cost this premiere tonight

Can you go back and catch it On Demand on thier Channel ?
At least this way you can still see it.

Any idea what the Episode title was for the Pilot ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hmmmm....one satellite at 101W more powerful than the other

Problem watching recordings w/o sat signal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts