D12 install with Slimline

Status
Please reply by conversation.

diverp

Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
Reno, NV
Hello. I am a little new to Direct Tv after having dealt with Dish Network for over 12 years. Recently I have gotten a slimline dish with a D12 receiver, I have used a Acutrac III meter to be able to line up (at least I think I have lined up) the slimline dish.

The first thing that had happened is that on the receiver, when I go through a sat check, it will find the 101 and 110, but no 119. I can verify that the 119 is being read on the Acutrac.

So, I played with the alignment for a while with no luck. So, I started wondering if the D12 could power the SLimline LNB at all. I have the non SWM slimline AU9 lnb with the 4 outputs. I tried introducing the power inserter with the system. Now, the receiver sees the 101 and the 119, but says that 110 is not there. I am confused by this behavior.

Either time, when going through the check, the reciever fails on one of the satellites and the reciever says it has an error (which on the next page of information says it could not find ANY satellite). Its a bit confusing.

I guess my questions are these:
1) can you install a Slimline dish, with a 4 output AU9 lnb with a D12 receiver?
2) is a power inserter needed?
3) if so, can anyone lend some insight into the above behavior with using or not using the power inserter?

Thank you for any insight

Yes. A standard Slimline can be powered by a D12. No, a power inserter is not needed and if you've used one there's a chance you've fried the receiver and/or the LNB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Do installers get discounts?

How quick is DirecTv to turn off service? (IE unintended late payment)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)