D* Tivo return / exchange for HD Tivo HELP!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dink23

Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
Here is my dilemma....About 2 weeks ago I moved and had D* move my service to my new house. I also had them add a new Tivo box to my loft. At the time, I did not have an HDTV and I had no plans to buy an HDTV. Well last week, Best Buy had a no interest on HDTV's until January 2008 and I just had to take them up on this offer and purchase a new HDTV. So here is my dilemma, I'm thinking I should have gotten the HDTivo box instead (even though D* is launching Mpeg-4 soon), but I had no idea I would be in the HDTV market two weeks ago. Do you think D* would be willing to allow me to return my new tivo box (since it is less than 2 weeks old) and exchange it for an HDtivo box (of course I would pay the difference- hopefully they will give me the HDtivo box at the promotional price). Has anybody had a similiar situation? Any advice would help. :confused:

Thanks in advance!

dink23 said:
Here is my dilemma....About 2 weeks ago I moved and had D* move my service to my new house. I also had them add a new Tivo box to my loft. At the time, I did not have an HDTV and I had no plans to buy an HDTV. Well last week, Best Buy had a no interest on HDTV's until January 2008 and I just had to take them up on this offer and purchase a new HDTV. So here is my dilemma, I'm thinking I should have gotten the HDTivo box instead (even though D* is launching Mpeg-4 soon), but I had no idea I would be in the HDTV market two weeks ago. Do you think D* would be willing to allow me to return my new tivo box (since it is less than 2 weeks old) and exchange it for an HDtivo box (of course I would pay the difference- hopefully they will give me the HDtivo box at the promotional price). Has anybody had a similiar situation? Any advice would help. :confused:

Thanks in advance!
Call Customer Retention and tell them the same thing you just wrote here:
1-800-600-8977........ They should be able to do this and get you the HDTivo! Call and Try! :yes Wouldn't hurt!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Would H-10 be an upgrade over hughes E-8?

Anyone have knowledge of prewire codes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)