Aug 30, 2004
chelsea, nyc
http://directvsports.com/asp/active/RSN_Info.asp

when i put in my zip it says:

FOX Sports Net Pittsburgh (Ch. 628)
# Columbus Blue Jackets
# Pittsburgh Penguins
# Pittsburgh Pirates

problem is.... the columbus blue jackets don't play on FS Pittsburgh.. they play on FS Ohio and I don't get that channel. I fought with D* over this last year. I sub to NHL Center Ice and they were blacking out blue jackets games on Center Ice and saying I should get them on 637 (FSOH)... but yet i don't get that channel. i sent an email to the Blue Jackets and he called his contact at the NHL and we had a conference call and they supposedly resolved this issue.. but it looks like im going to get screwed again.. i realize there probably isn't going to be a season, but how can they claim that an Ohio (Columbus) team plays on a PA RSN.... thats just flat out wrong.

well you can't really get screwed but not seeing a game this year if a game won't even take place ;)

BFG said:
well you can't really get screwed but not seeing a game this year if a game won't even take place ;)

that much is true... however, if there is a season (this year, next year, or the next, etc...) and the Columbus Blue Jackets are still a team.. I will be wrongfully blacked out of games that I shouldn't be blacked out of.

Curtis0620 said:
You probably need to sub to the sports pack to get FSN-Ohio.

i would be blacked out of that channel when the jackets play on it... that D* site is saying that the Jackets play on FSN Pittsburgh, which is 100% FALSE.

I still have archived email from Russ Mollohan (Director of Broadcasting for the Columbus Blue Jackets) and Peter Aquilone (NHL Marketing/Media Contact), so worst case scenario I call Peter and have him fix this AGAIN.

The Columbus Who? JK!

Try having AVS games blocked on HDNet ... that one will really piss you off! Maybe with the Altitude Sports Network entering the scene this will change since D* chooses not to carry it

I am all about disbanding the NHL and creating a world league. The NHL is too greedy and I would love to see them fall. Of course in my opinion it is fair that the players get 73% of the revenue since they do 93% of the work! Perhaps they are due for a pay hike ... screw the rich owners I say ... stick it to them!

Just live here in Arizona were the teams suck so bad that you don't have to worry about blackouts!!!!!!

If you would call them that..... even though the Cardinals players do tend to spend lots of money on my services :)

Out of sheer curiousity - I typed in a Pitts ZIP code 15201 and I got this - Maybe it was corrected???

With any TOTAL CHOICE® package:

Pittsburgh Penguins

Pittsburgh Pirates

What I think is strange is with the sports pak you get every RSN yet the games are still blacked out. What's the point of having every RSN then??

Neutron said:
What I think is strange is with the sports pak you get every RSN yet the games are still blacked out. What's the point of having every RSN then??

College sports. EX, I wanted to watch a game this past weekend. It was only shown on fox sports arizona. Sometimes they all show the same game but not always.

fkostyn said:
Out of sheer curiousity - I typed in a Pitts ZIP code 15201 and I got this - Maybe it was corrected???

With any TOTAL CHOICE® package:

Pittsburgh Penguins

Pittsburgh Pirates

i don't live in pittsburgh. i live in northern WV and pittsburgh is my DMA... and FSN Pittsburgh is my RSN. tried it again, still showing the jackets. oh well.

Neutron said:

You can't get out of market pro games on the RSNs. If you could, what would be the point of MLB:EI, NHL:CI, etc.?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bigger oval dish?

NHL senter Ice proposal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts