D* Hoses My Channel Lineup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TerminalHold

Original poster
Sep 15, 2004
Here's my problem. About a year ago I switched to a Hughes HD receiver. Almost immediately I started noticing that my personalized channel lineup was being loaded with channels such as GEMS, CSHP, and other channels that only sell you stuff. This never happened on my non-HD receiver. After several calls and assurances from a supervisor that D* is not doing this, I changed cards and receivers three times - two Hughes and one Samsung HD receiver. Now "they" are plugging in all the PPV, ESPN, NFL, and DTV test channels every weekend. So, it must not be a hardware problem? Partially wrong! DTV is now saying that the manufacturers recognize there's a problem with their receiver software and are working on a fix. It took almost a year for D* to come up with this excuse. Why do I have this doubt this is not the problem and D* is plugging these in themselves? EVERY channel that's getting plugged in is either selling you something or its's a channel you have to buy. Coincidental software problem? I think not! Anyone else experiencing this problem??

The same thing happens with the DirecTivo. They also say its a software issue and it is being worked on :rolleyes:

It does get to be annoying when you have to keep changing them.

The fine juggernaut of the satellite world hard at work trying to get the almighty consumer dollar. Yeah ... I am sure they are working on that! I would not hold your breath, if this were Microsft after 6 months (it has been a year for you) they would be calling it a "feature."

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DVR question before I buy

Swap HDD in DirecTivo?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)