D* adds RTN affiliate to St.Louis local channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dishrich

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Springfield, IL
D* evidently has just added WPXS-13 out of Mt.Vernon, IL (who also runs an LP translator KUMO-51 in St.Louis) to the St.Louis local channel lineup. WPXS is an affiliate of RTN, (Retro TV Network) which runs "retro shows" such as Brady Bunch, Hogans Heros, My Three Sons & Gomer Pyle - similar to TV Land.

This is first time that D* has carried WPXS, which used to be a PAX affiliate, then a Daystar before being an RTN affiliate.
(edit 2/17 - E* has also added it, on the 61.5 bird)

Now something that is kind of interesting - according to tvradioworld.com, this station is considered part of the Harrisburg/Paducah/Cape Girardeau, but D* did NOT add it to their local channels - only the St.Louis locals. Since this station is part of the St.Louis market via only an LP translator, it seems kind of strange that it would NOT be added to the H-P-CG locals as well.

Last edited:
We have a similar station here in AZ (AZTV) which is the same concept - great old shows!

dishrich said:
D* evidently has just added WPXS-13 out of Mt.Vernon, IL (who also runs an LP translator KUMO-51 in St.Louis) to the St.Louis local channel lineup. WPXS is an affiliate of RTN, (Retro TV Network) which runs "retro shows" such as Brady Bunch, Hogans Heros, My Three Sons & Gomer Pyle - similar to TV Land.

This is first time that D* has carried WPXS, which used to be a PAX affiliate, then a Daystar before being an RTN affiliate.
(edit 2/17 - E* has also added it, on the 61.5 bird)

Now something that is kind of interesting - according to tvradioworld.com, this station is considered part of the Harrisburg/Paducah/Cape Girardeau, but D* did NOT add it to their local channels - only the St.Louis locals. Since this station is part of the St.Louis market via only an LP translator, it seems kind of strange that it would NOT be added to the H-P-CG locals as well.

Here is why it is not on the H-P-CG locals. It's really based out of st.louis, but the main tower is about 15 miles north of Mount Vernon, in Marion county. It's a good channel if you like old tv shows.

Actually, one of best things I like about this new channel already, is The Tube music videos. I is SO cool seeing some of these OLD videos (I guess videos from the 70's are now considered OLD :D :D ) that I haven't seen in years! While the A/V quality of them may not be pristine, it's still cool nonetheless. The other bad thing is, evidently this station appears to just cut to a live network feed of these videos when these blocks come up, so you end up usually coming & leaving in the middle of a video.
Unfortunately, a good portion of this stations prog is STILL paid advertising... :mad: :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ebay hr-250 deals

anybody itchy to switch to E*??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)