Please reply by conversation.

ken2400

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Central NY State
I was looking around the internet and found this dish based on a fresnel lens
Cybertenna

Try a search and you will see what I mean. It says it can take upto 8 Lnbs.

Ken

Great idea! I used to use one in the UK for the BSB satellite service, it was swallowed up by SKY to become BSKYB (DirecTV) so I modified it to receive the French Secam birds, here is another company with the same idea, I contacted them the other day and they will be sending me some info!

http://www.satcomweb.com/passportline.htm

Cyberantenna

Hmm! The Cybertenna sounds really, really impressive. As for the looks, well I'm not quite into the 80cm plastic donut box theme, yet. But then again, who wants an array of 76cm antennas on their rooftop?

In the documentation it states that the antenna can receive up to 10 different satellites within a range of 24°.

I wonder if that means that new satellite receivers will have to go beyond the current 4 lnbf diseqc setup. Or is there already a workaround to receive signals from as many as 10 lnbf's on current models?

Seems like the future of satellite tv will be closer orbital slotting for the same frequencies, newer satellites with better technology and the type of dish reflectors/newer type of dishes/antennas that are capable of picking up more orbital slots without being so huge to get additional bandwidth in addition to more compression.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Is Empire really quiet?

A Real Dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)