CW Norfolk ??

Note that DIRECTV will not officially support the AM21 (but it does work). The CSR scripts and computer systems may not have been updated yet to allow ordering a LCC on a Genie 2. The Genie software to support it only went to National Release 10 days ago, and they have not made a big announcement of the support.

Reactions: John2021 and dtv757
Does any member know the specifications for the missing power supplies on eBay for the LLC? I can see in the picture of one on eBay 5V 1A. I would be concerned about whether it was positive or negative center conductor. I have blow things out due to not knowing what I am doing.
MY LCC is 700 miles away, but it is a standard DIRECTV 5V power supply, Looking at the pictures on Ebay, it apparently iis not a standard DirecTV power supply with a green label, but I am fairly certain it would not be incompatible with the standard supplies, so I believe it is center positive.

Last edited:
The D* app does not have my local CW the cw logo appears on (WGNT 27) but that is now scrips owned independent station. As of 1 Sept they are no longer CW

Many moons ago it was o&o UPN station!

The LCC wasn't something you can order from DIRECTV.com and it was NEVER available via 3rd party retailers, so even Solid Signal never had it. It was something that for a while was given out in Vegas as part of a test pilot, and then only available to customers for disputes.

Even though Norfolk, Utica, Santa Barbara and Wichita Falls lost The CW, they don't consider it a dispute as the affiliation moved to subchannels they've never carried.
In Terre Haute's case they never carried their previous subchannel affiliate, they also don't carry the local CW subchannels in Billings, Columbia SC, Eugene, Fairbanks, Harrisonburg, Jackson TN, Johnstown, Jonesboro, Joplin, Juneau, Lafayette IN, Laredo, Macon, Mankato, Parkersburg, St. Joseph, Topeka, Traverse City and Tyler.

There are some primary CW affiliates owned by Mission, Circle City (Indy) and Sun Broadcasting (Ft Myers) that are in actual disputes. We all know the Mission issue, but in Circle City's and Sun Broadcasting's case it's because of their policy of offering station owners no payments unless they also own a Big 4 affiliate. Those 2 CW affiliates are also missing from DISH

Even though Norfolk, Utica, Santa Barbara and Wichita Falls lost The CW, they don't consider it a dispute as the affiliation moved to subchannels they've never carried.
A lost channel -- especially a lost HD sports channel -- is a lost channel and DIRECTV can do something about it without having to go to court.

Absent carrying the channel, the least they could do is offer an alternative that doesn't involve opening your wallet to another service.

Reactions: John2021
Agree they should have a way to carry it. I know cox and fios added a channel for this new CW station. I dont know anything about dish ...

At last check Dish also doesn't have it. WVBT only mentioned FiOS and Cox for carriage in the video package, but that's only because those providers already carried WVBT's DT2 channel when it was Cozi. Cable and telco carriage is tied to that specific subchannel, not the programming on it.

Even if D* signed a deal to pick them up, their standard has been to limit the LPTV and subchannel MNT and CW affiliates to SD only. A lot of it is shared spotbeam bandwidth related, as only enough space is allocated for the primary full power stations. Under the current LIL carriage laws for satellite, if you offer HD carriage to the primary channel of one full power station, you also have to offer HD carriage to the primary channels for the rest of that market's full power stations, even if they are showing nothing but brokered/religious/shopping programming. So they can't switch a lesser watched primary LIL to SD to give a subchannel LIL HD carriage. The Sinclair subchannels are an exception as that was done by Sinclair having their shell companies "voluntarily" withdraw MVPD carriage of the former primary affiliates to get around ownership caps. (i.e. ABC 33/40 Birmingham or CW Harrisburg)

In Norfolk's case they previously had CW in HD since the former affiliate WGNT is a primary channel, but for the rest of the affected markets like Utica, Santa Barbara and Wichita Falls, their previous affiliates were also subchannels that were only carried in SD.

The same thing is going to happen to Augusta GA, Lafayette LA and Monroe LA in a few weeks when their CW affiliations move from Gray owned subchannels or LPTV stations to Nexstar owned subchannels. In Lafayette's and Monroe's case their former CW affiliates will be switching to an independent format that has the Pelicans games.

Ignorance makes choices easier.

DISH claims to carry the CW affiliate in the Norfolk market.
You might want to actually read the list before calling another user ignorant, the "CW" they claim to carry for Norfolk is the now independent WGNT/27, they don't list the new affiliate WVBT-D2 at all.

DISH's lookup tool also still lists WGN as independent and WCIU as CW for Chicago.

Music Choice gone or down?

September Free Previews