Custom Channel List

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sikma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2005
Dish Farm Up North
A few months ago after I got my new 2700A, I did the sat. scan, etc. and in particular got all the stuff off G10. I then proceeded to rename almost all the channels, i.e. CBS Virgin Islands, FOX Arkansas, FOX Texas, etc.. my question is, can you somehow copy the list to a floppy for safe keeping in case the receiver loses my channel list, or will I have to just start from scratch (my fingers cramped up from all the remote button pushing)???

sikma said:
A few months ago after I got my new 2700A, I did the sat. scan, etc. and in particular got all the stuff off G10. I then proceeded to rename almost all the channels, i.e. CBS Virgin Islands, FOX Arkansas, FOX Texas, etc.. my question is, can you somehow copy the list to a floppy for safe keeping in case the receiver loses my channel list, or will I have to just start from scratch (my fingers cramped up from all the remote button pushing)???

Or go to Pansat's web site and download the latest firmware for the 2700, it comes with a channel editor.

http://www.pansatusa.com/home.htm

sikma said:

Gtools is good for that, like someone mentioned.... in fact, you could have transfered your channels to the computer and used the computer to rename them, and then transfered them back.... much easier than typing names with a remote control.

Thanks guys for the help, now if I have enough nerve to hook a computer to my receiver......I'm not to computer savey. Anybody know if there is a post here entitled something like, "download for dummies?"

sikma said:
Thanks guys for the help, now if I have enough nerve to hook a computer to my receiver......I'm not to computer savey. Anybody know if there is a post here entitled something like, "download for dummies?"

Well here ya go:

Attachments

• 2700_channel_howto.pdf
    94.1 KB · Views: 1,009
Status
Please reply by conversation.

coolsat 4000 pro

Local Affiliates and Sports Games

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts