Current Active North American Satellite List?

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
I'm looking to update my 2016 satellite location list that I use to setup my 3 systems to what's currently up there and still ACTIVE. Anyone have a current list they could post for me or post a URL with that info online?

Thanks..........

Lone

I think Lyngsat is pretty accurate, especially since cyberham keeps them current with updates..

Thanks, yep, I looked at Lyngsat and boy is it confusing. TVROSAT is another that I looked at but not sure if they are "current" or not especially after the stuff that went on with the "new" channels that were posted on 135W last week.

Just saying..................

Thanks, yep, I looked at Lyngsat and boy is it confusing.
What's confusing?

Left column is based on your location derived from something (IP address, browser, I'm not really sure)
Pink is below the horizon and orange means you're outside the footprint, so you likely can't get those.
Green and yellow are things that in theory you should be able to find. White is a toss-up.

Third column tells you which bands are available: Ku, C or other.

Then you click on anything for more details of what is available on that sat.

In the example I posted, Jupiter 3, Galaxy 34, AMC 6 and Galaxy 13 have no frequencies listed in the third column, meaning there's nothing there. Also: 133 is yellow and 99 is green, so theoretically I should have a better signal from 99.

Attachments

• lyngsat-demo.png
    lyngsat-demo.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: FTA4PA
Thanks, yep, I looked at Lyngsat and boy is it confusing. TVROSAT is another that I looked at but not sure if they are "current" or not especially after the stuff that went on with the "new" channels that were posted on 135W last week.

Just saying..................
To my knowledge, there is NO solid source for this that's guaranteed to be 100% accurate. This stuff changes by the minute. Some sat receivers can be set to auto blindscan at certain time intervals, and that can tell you what was there at the time of the scan.

No Horizontal Channels 101w

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 1, Guests: 1)