Create TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I get it on AMC3 if that's the same one you are thinking of., along with all the othe PBS's
Tp 12179V SR30.000 IIRC

I get it on AMC3 if that's the same one you are thinking of., along with all the othe PBS's
Tp 12179V SR30.000 IIRC

Yes, I get AMC 3. I get the TIP Channel, Patient Channel, and the Montana PBS.
That's it! I have a Pansat 2700a receiver and am using a fixed Primestar .75 dish with a .8 Norsat LNBF that came with it ( this was one of the dish systems the farmers used to keep up with their crop info years ago).
I used Smart Search several times but no luck, even Advanced Scan.
The signal strength us 85% on the TIP and Patient Channels but real weak on the
PBS channel (25%).
Do I need to skew? If so, please tell me how to.
thanks

If you dont have the fancy test equipment, best way to do it is take your tv/rec out to the dish, if thats a possibility. You might need to adjust skew a bit, and/or your elevation. I have the larger primestar round dish, it picks up the Montana PBS signal very well. Right now there's no switch on it, so I can't try to get the other pbs on the opposite polarity. They have AC-3 sound.
charles

Do I need to skew? If so, please tell me how to.
thanks

Skew on the Channel Master round dishes is easy. You just loosen the two bolts holding the feedhorn in place and twist the feedhorn left or right. Use a receiver/TV monitor to maximize your quality, then tighten down the two bolts.

Thank you, Turbosat and Tron!
Being a fixed dish I kinda figured I would have to adjust the skew at the LNB. It was already mounted there to whatever satellite Farm Bureau used back when the farmers and other businesses were using the system. I will try adjusting it this weekend.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

This is what I want to achieve

F/D of T-90

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)