Couplers

U

Unregistered

Original poster
Howdy SG's,
I have been a satellite customer since '95. DSS-DirecTV. I live up in the Sierra's near Tahoe and have moved many times, always doing my own installs.
I am putting in a new manufactured home and having an interesting problem:
Since it's my new home I am trying to hook things up with class; so I purchased Leviton faceplate's and couplers to connect my RG6 in a neat fashion. However when I do so I get no signal on the receiver. If I run that same RG6 cable directly from the LNB thru a window and into the receiver I get super fat signal (96+). When I use the cable I pulled under the house and into the faceplate - nada. At first i thought it was interference from the steel members that the house is built on but the dealer said he'd never heard of such a thing. This occurs on any of the cables or rooms I pulled to (I pulled a lot of cable) which seems to rule out a bad/torn cable or end connector.
The only other thing I can think of is the little couplers however they are nice leviton f-type gold. I also had same trouble using a satellite rated splitter.
I have the dish in 5 gallon bucket filled with concrete so I can move it around. Right now it's a 25-30 foot run from dish to receiver so the length doesn't seem to be the issue.
Any ideas? Are those couplers an issue? If so do I have to just pull the cable long enough to go all the way out of the wall to the back of the receiver? I haven't gotten my grounding block installed yet but am afraid I will have similar trouble.

Big Old Dish

S

DISH Network Introduces Great Wall TV Package Featuring 17 Chinese Television Channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)