Could this work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tim Godsil

On Vacation
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
I noticed that on ebay there are directv worlddirect dishes one of the lnbs on it look like a linear! Has anyone ever used these as an fta dish?

Add a pic.

eBayISAPI.dll

Attachments

• 9cc1_1_b.JPG
    9cc1_1_b.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 194
Well...

The Lnb Feed horn Is Wierd Looking But it does have a 40mm clamp, so I can slap a new one on there. Since the dish is only $40-60 Shipped, this may not be too bad of a bargain.

My recommendation is nothing smaller than a 90cm.

And to be quite honest I wish I would have went with something larger than a 90cm when I started.

The DirecTV world dish will work with some of the stronger signals but will not work for the weaker ones

Well,Now What?

I learned that a 31" dish is too small and a 120cm is just too big so,
Should I get 100 cm??

a 31" isnt too small....its just that when people want to get into FTA we usually recommend to get the biggest dish you can get right away. Couple reasons
-bigger dish = more space to collect a signal
-since shipping is pretty expensive, its best to do it once and get a big enough dish. I bought a 30" and ended up about a month later getting a 36" (and paying double shipping charges)

So big that It Will Look Like I'm Nuts. Does anyone have any pics of there 80,90,100, or 120 dishes so I can do a little size comparisons

So big that It Will Look Like I'm Nuts. Does anyone have any pics of there 80,90,100, or 120 dishes so I can do a little size comparisons

Huh?

The 80 is 80cm, the 90 is 90cm, the 100 is 100cm, and you guessed it.. the 120 is a whopping 120 centimeters. Or if you want to convert it, it's 1.2 meters.

I am in Iowa and have a 31" Fortec dish - I had originally ordered the 90cm, but it was backordered. So I went with the 80cm since I "HAD" to have it right then :) I do not have any problems, with a few exceptions - heavy storms - I loose signal a little quicker on my 80cm than I do with my Primestar dish. And there are a few weak channels on a few satellites, but for the most part I am happy with the 80cm. BUT - 3ABN has a 90cm for $50 SHIPPED! I am VERY tempted to get one of them :) Just curious - where abouts in IL are you?

Well...

Im from Galesburg. I was ALL OVER the 3ABN.org website but couldnt find the dish. Can someone post a link?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Do most receivers have USALS?

SG2100 doesn't have lights on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)