Cost of second receiver, and more

Rudisill

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 3, 2011
On the road
I am considering buying a used 311 receiver and putting it in the garage, hooking it up to the old analog TV out there.

That will cost me $7.00/month from Dish, correct?

I have a 1000.4 dish on the garage, with an unused coax that I can use. Will that work with an old 311 receiver?

Will one of our spare Platinum remotes work with a 311?

Thanks.

The 3.4 remote is the remote we use for replacements. The $7.00 per month is correct. The LNB on the dish will handle up to 3 receivers. Any receivers above 3 needs a switch to get the signal to the receiver. EA needs MPEG 4 receivers, 1000.4 is normally used for EA unless you have the newer 1000.4 WA dish and LNB.

Wouldn't a 211k also work? a new one is only 100 bucks (dishstore link at the top of the site pages) does both HD & SD out ... built in dual tuner (1 sat / 1 ATSC) and if you replace the TV with an HD set in the future (the space old tube tv's take up) you'd be ready to switch.

The 311 .. that Antenna input isn't ATSC right??

And the 211k is EHD upgradeable into a DVR for no additional *monthly* dvr fee.. thus you want to have it record Bass Fishing or some other event for when you're out in the man cave, er.. garage ... you'd have it there.. :)

Measuring Picture Resolution