Convert Phase 3 Directv Dish to Dish 1000 with Adapter?

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
Is there an adapter that will allow me to convert a Phase 3 Directv dish (the ones with the three eyes for 101, 110, 119) into a Dish 1000 so that I can use the DP eyes on it?

@ threads

Don't the Phase 3 and 1000.2 dishes use the same size mast? Why is the conversion necessary?

He seems to be trying to using legacy LNB's and this thread to make some sort of Frankenstein dish set up. I wish him luck but think he would be better off to sell the equipment and get what he needs.

This thread is NOT intended on using legacy lnb's to make this dish setup work. This thread is for the DP lnb's the other one I created was for legacy lnb's (a totally different thread and a totally different goal). For this reason I wanted to keep both threads seperate since there are two seperate things I am trying to accomplish. I figured most likely that I would not be able to come up with a way to use the legacy lnb's with the dish 1000.

The end of the phase 3 dish is different than the end of a Dish 1000 dish because the Dish 1000 has a place to bolt a plastic yoke while the DirecTv Phase 3 dish doesn't. The only thing I could think of was cutting off the end of the Phase 3 until the end is square then drill a hole but dont know if it will have enough focal length from the reflector to successfully pickup 110, 119,129.

I have dozens of legacy lnb's and quite a few Phase 3 dishes and the legacy lnb's along with the phase 3 dishes are not bringing much money at all and hard to sell. I also have a number of dishpro lnb's and figured if I used either paring up with a phase 3 dish then that would reduce my cost of getting some dish 1000's built.

WFMZ channel 69

TV2 display same as TV1 in dual mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts