Congratulations to #92!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
TUBE be or not TUBE be! :D

Deviled Ham.JPG

Wait, thats not My Captain Kirk ROFL GIF, What happened?

Reactions: FTA4PA
I love nixie tubes!!!! That is for sure the way to go fred555 !!!

Reactions: fred555
Congratulations again to Number 92 for a "teachable moment..."

I knew what I was seeing with the Nixie Tubes, but didn't realize what they were until this thread. So having both a "realization and nerd" moment (which is exactly what I told my wife as I'm fast forwarding through the VHS I have of this movie), I realized this is what I was what I had wondered about in '2001: A Space Odyssey'...

The "clock" (altimeter?) on the right side of the screen. Pretty sure these are Nixie Tubes...
SAM_6497a.jpg

Then the next scene where the Moon Bus lands.
SAM_6499a.jpg

So after 20-plus years of knowing what I saw, but not what it was - End of nerd moment...

Reactions: fred555
Congratulations again to Number 92 for a "teachable moment..."

I knew what I was seeing with the Nixie Tubes, but didn't realize what they were until this thread. So having both a "realization and nerd" moment (which is exactly what I told my wife as I'm fast forwarding through the VHS I have of this movie), I realized this is what I was what I had wondered about in '2001: A Space Odyssey'...

The "clock" (altimeter?) on the right side of the screen. Pretty sure these are Nixie Tubes...
View attachment 115714

Then the next scene where the Moon Bus lands.
View attachment 115715

So after 20-plus years of knowing what I saw, but not what it was - End of nerd moment...

Nixie is always cool. Like Nixie clocks:

http://www.thecoolector.com/nuvitron-nixie-clock/

https://www.google.com/search?q=nix...h4PMAhXDyj4KHY5HDfUQ_AUICCgC&biw=1047&bih=480

Reactions: Jason S
Very quickly becoming a fan of Nixie tubes (esp. with recent knowledge).

I think I am going to get one of the Nixie Clocks, then maybe a Pi GPIO driven set of Nixies as a cool project.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Baa Baa Black Sheep

Need FTA dealer to service Lakeside, Ca

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)