complete signal loss on HD channels

Nakano

Original poster
May 23, 2008
On several HD channels (TWC, Discovery, FOOD network, etc) at nights I would get a blank screen and eventually the error box "complete signal loss". I wouldn't be able to change channels unless I hit menu and program guide and a different channel. Now it is also affecting the Big Ten channel in HD. If I change it to the non-HD versions, they come in ok. I have a VIP 722 and 625. I have satellites 65, 110, 119 and 128. Also those HD channels come in during the day at least from what I can tell on the weekends. I guess I am asking a DIRT member to see what options I have and if maybe I need to change to the Eastern Arc. I understand if I do that I would have to change out the 625 as well. I've tried the basic troubleshooting steps as described in the error message.

where are you located?
Reason I ask is what sats do you have?
61.5 110,119,118.7?
or does the 128 mean 129?

If you have 110/119/129 you'd be all set and just need to remove the 61.5 from the setup

where are you located?
Reason I ask is what sats do you have?
61.5 110,119,118.7?
or does the 128 mean 129?

If you have 110/119/129 you'd be all set and just need to remove the 61.5 from the setup

Lansing HD locals are on 61.5 but since he has a 625, he still has a 110/119/129.

ok checking some info Lansing HD locals are on 61.5 only

so you could go Eastern Arc but then the 625 would have to be replaced (as you noted)
or remove the 61.5 then you wouldnt get the HD locals on the 722 (you would get them OTA though)

Its weird that the system would clash like that. Most of the national HD has been moved off 61.5 so it wont clash there.

Can you go into the menus and see what the signal strength is

menu 6-1-1
arrow over to satellite and select 129
transponder can be between 17-32 (1-16 is used fore local areas so most will say 0) and see what the signal is. Should be in the 50's

[FONT=&quot]Hi Nakano, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lansing[/FONT][FONT=&quot], MI[/FONT][FONT=&quot] is an eastern arc DMA, so there is a very good chance that we can get that setup for you. If you send me your phone number or account number in a PM, I'd be happy to check. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

well i just checked signal strengths on the suggested transponders 17 through 32. Zero for all except brief three second signal strength of not quite 50 on transponder 25. Spent 10 to 15 seconds on each transponder.

ok so the dish is either not aimed properly or something went out

Check 119 transponder 11, 12, 19, 20, 21 and see what they show

OK so 119 is good

how is this set up?
Dish 1000.2?
DPP44+?

If you dont know in the menu 6-1-1 screen go to "switch check" and hit ok (select)....it will show what type the setup is (you dont need to run the check switch)

DPP 1k.2 w/ separator. 119, 110, 129 on 1k.2 61.5 on single. By the way, thanks for all the help Iceberg

other than the dish getting moved out of whack I dont really know what else it would be.

Maybe try and run a check switch (on that screen press TEST). Worse case would be if it doesn't find 129 it will give you an error of fewer satellites found. Just hit cancel then

Is it customary to tip the installer?

Dish - What to do about poor Sub Contractor's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)