61.5 Signal Strength Changes Causing Dropout

ucfknights90

Original poster
Sep 22, 2024
Alabama
I have been struggling with my 722k receiver using both 1000.4 and 1000.2 Dishes with Eastern Arc.

I can get 72 tuned in without issue with high signal strength however 61.5 is always a problem.

Started with 1000.4 Dish (3 eyes) 61.5 was going in an out on channels. I was thinking it was an obstruction so I moved the Dish to a better place.

However, after moving, I could not get Check Switch to find 61.5 and all I could get was 72 with good signal strength.

I was thinking the LMB was going bad so I switched out the dish with a 1000.2 I had which was working. Now check switch finds 61.5, but the signal strength oscillates between 7 and 30 in strength. Stays around 11-14 most of the time, then jumps up for 20 seconds then back down.

There are some trees, but they are 200 yards away and the ones to the left are not thick.

Do you think these trees are still a problem and is it the ones on the left or the ones 200 yards away?
20240922_202054459_iOS.jpg20240922_202449708_iOS2.jpg20240922_202413317_iOS2.jpg

Based on that first picture, I would say it's the trees.

The 61.5 LNB is on the right side, signal comes from the left at the exact angle it has to reflect to hit the LNB on the right. So to my eyeballs, it looks like it has to get through the trees. Remember, the look angle is higher than it "looks" because of the offset dish. If you raise your arm to 45 degrees and turn slightly to the left, about the same angle as that right side LNB is from the center, are you pointing into the trees?

Can you move it a few more feet to the right? And the 1000.4 dish is slightly larger so should in theory give a better signal overall.

Based on that first picture, I would say it's the trees.

The 61.5 LNB is on the right side, signal comes from the left at the exact angle it has to reflect to hit the LNB on the right. So to my eyeballs, it looks like it has to get through the trees. Remember, the look angle is higher than it "looks" because of the offset dish. If you raise your arm to 45 degrees and turn slightly to the left, about the same angle as that right side LNB is from the center, are you pointing into the trees?

Can you move it a few more feet to the right? And the 1000.4 dish is slightly larger so should in theory give a better signal overall.
I was going to say the same.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Questions about Hopper Plus

Self Rebooting Hopper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)